datamation.com: Should you use KDE or GNOME on your Linux desktop? Here's how today's Big Four compare from where I sit. I have awarded points for ranking in each category, with the lowest score being the best:
- KDE 4.10 Applications Get Major Overhaul
- Gnome 3.8 Applications
- Gnome 3.8 Core Utilities
- Think You Saw Unity In Last Night’s Doctor Who?
- Hawaii Desktop Is Now Usable On Wayland/Weston
- GNOME 3.8 Released - See What's New
- KDE Plasma Desktop 4.10 Latest Features
h-online.com: KDE contributor Jeff Mitchell has written a blog post on what he says "almost became The Great KDE Disaster Of 2013" – the project narrowly avoiding the loss of all of its Git repositories.
ostatic.com: After nearly twelve years of using KDE with basically the same ole Kmix, Trever Fischer, Fedora Ambassador and KDE hacker, has today announced that his herculean quest of rewriting Kmix has yielded some results. It's still considered pre-alpha code, but Fischer has posted the code and a screenshot!
- what’s going on in plasma workspaces 2?
- Gaming tip for KDE users
- Migrating to KDE Telepathy
- KDE File Manager, Hamsi Manager 1.2 released
mylinuxexplore.blogspot: Kubuntu may not be the best implementation of KDE but definitely one of the most followed. For me, Kubuntu has been always a judicious mix of KDE and Gnome applications along with a boring default interface.
- KDE 4.10.1 updates arrive
- Lancelot 2: Whatever you want, whatever you like
- Does Mir Affect Kwin?
maketecheasier.com: plasmoids-teaserIn the past, we’ve written about several cool KDE apps. I’m now going to show you some desktop applets – called plasmoids – that have caught my attention.
liliputing.com: While the project has hit some roadbumps, Seigo says factory tooling for a new tablet has begun, and the first models could roll off the production line by May.