pensivepenguin.com: I moved to Kubuntu early Sunday morning, and it was not without a few minor perils. I wanted a clean install, thus formatting /home was a must. I was coming from Linux Mint 14 XFCE to Kubuntu 13.04 which of course uses KDE as the default desktop manager. I really didn’t want any cross contamination in /home nor did I want to dual-boot. It was all in or nothing.
datamation.com: When it comes to desktop environments, choosing the one that's right for you can be a deeply personal matter. In this article, I'll look into the differences between two of the most popular Linux desktop environments – Gnome and KDE. I’ll explore what each desktop environment offers, comparing their strengths and weaknesses.
- A Look At Some KDE 4.12 Features
- Install HideMyAss VPN In Linux
- Make the Most Out of Google Play Music on Ubuntu
- Improving tables of contents in LibreOffice
- State of Drupal presentation (September 2013)
- Bonus: An index, and the method behind the madness
- Surf Safely with sshuttle
- We Have Mir & Wayland, But There Still Could Be X12
- Changing the GNOME 3.10 lock screen art
- The X.Org Foundation and the 501(c)(3) status
- Linux SNMP MIB Browser
- The not-so-unchanging desktop
- KDE Ships September Updates to 4.11
- Ten years of working on Krita
- A Few Notes from LibreOffice Conference 2013
- MariaDB Foundation achivements 2012-12 - 2013-09
- Nitro: A Capable To-Do app for Mac & Linux You’ve Never Heard Of
- How Desktop Grid brought back SystemSettings
- GNOME 3.10 Gets an Overhaul: Top 10 New Features
- Mozilla working on a second-screen solution for Firefox
- New: Clones Array tool for Krita
- Conky – An Extremely Customizable And Lightweight System Monitoring Tool
- Cheatsheets for Command-Line Tools
- Why Not ‘Click to Play’ Flash?
- GNOME "Flashback" Released, GNOME Panel 3.8
- GNOME Gets A Log Viewer For Systemd's Journal
- How to Install Viber in Linux (Ubuntu)
- concalc: A much simpler calculator
- LibreOffice Marketing Workshop Milano 2013 – an overview
techrepublic.com: Find out 10 reasons why you should try Krusader, a twin-pane file manager that might be faster than Dolphin on older computers or just a better match for your computing habits.
- Enlightenment E18 Updated Against Wayland Changes
- More Exciting Developments in KDE this Week
- GNOME Settings Daemon 3.8.5 Fixes Trash Issues
- Gnome Network Tools – GUI For Common Network Utilities
- Krita Demonstrated at IDF Keynote
netrunner-mag.com: Normally, at the end of the year, I tend to run my best annual distro roundups, choosing the finest among five operating systems or flavors thereof that showed the greatest promise in terms of stability, usability, elegance, support, and other curious items in the outgoing twelve-month period. But I have never dedicated much thought to selecting the best implementation of any one particular desktop environment, regardless of the system underneath.
linuxblog.darkduck: I'm not sure I have a favourite distribution. But, my favourite desktop environment is KDE.
linuxbsdos.com: Plasma Media Center 1.1 was released today August 20, while digiKam 3.3 was released on August 6. Plasma Media Center is a promising media center application for the K Desktop environment, while digiKam is a popular KDE photo management application, with some editing capabilities.