linuxtoday.com: A medium-large bit of news this week is a potentially serious exploit in the shiny new freshly-released Firefox 3.5, which was released, discovered, and fixed nearly all at the same time. Another open source security success story! Except for one thing-- no one bothered to report if this dastardly flaw affects Linux.
prweb.com: It can now be cheaper to shop using Firefox. Vouchers.Im Indicator for Firefox is a new add-on which will keep consumers aware of all promotions and discounts available on the websites they visit.
Firefox 3.5.1 fixes the following issues:
* Several security issues.
* Several stability issues.
* An issue that was making Firefox take a long time to load on some Windows systems.
schoollibraryjournal.com: There are camps of people who use different browsers and have long-winded, heated arguments over which one is best. If a tool can make my life simpler, more efficient, and fun, I’m more likely to use it. Firefox 3 fits the bill
- Tech Review: New FireFox burns the competition
- First Zero Day Exploit for Firefox 3.5
- Slow Firefox 3.5 start up time
- about:mozilla 7/14
- Firefox plugin woes
theregister.co.uk: US State Department workers have begged Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to let them use Firefox.
linux-mag.com: Firefox is the perfect browser, right? Well, it’s probably the best on the market — but that doesn’t mean that it’s perfect. Firefox has several annoyances — some large, some small — that we’d like to see fixed for 4.0.
eweekeurope.co.uk: With much faster rendering, HTML 5 support, native video handling improved standards support and more, Firefox is back
- one week of firefox 3.5
- Mozilla Developer News 7/7
- Firefox stability to get a boost with multiprocess browsing
- HideTab lets you cloak embarrassing tabs quickly
- Opera defends against security concerns
eweek.com: Mozilla plans to release a patched version of its latest browser, to be named Firefox 3.5.1, in response to certain bugs that have revealed themselves following Firefox 3.5's June 30 release.