extremetech.com: Ahead of an official release tomorrow, Firefox 9 has winged its way to various mirrors across the web and is now available to download from the official Firefox website — no messing around with a hammered Nightly FTP server this time, oh no!
tomsguide.com: While it is a milestone for Google, the higher market share number for November is just an event within a trend that began taking shape about two years ago. In 2011, Mozilla’s market share losses have accelerated, revealing a bigger picture of strategic mistakes that amplified the growing strength of Chrome.
ostatic.com: If you're a Google Chrome user, you may greatly appreciate the fact that updates to the browser--which many observers predict will eclipse Mozilla Firefox in global market share next year--are automatically pushed. In other words, Chrome users get transparent updates, which differs from how Firefox and other browsers approach moving users to new versions.
computerworld.com: A security testing firm today said a recent report that named Google's Chrome as the most secured browser was flawed -- and part of a campaign by Google to undermine Mozilla's Firefox.
us.generation-nt.com: Accuvant Labs published the results of a security study which stated that Firefox wasn’t up to date for anti-exploitation functions when compared to those present in Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. The study was financed by Google; with the results declaring their browser the best.
- Firefox is bursting at the seams
- Automatically Restart Firefox On High Memory Usage
conceivablytech.com: Firefox could use some good news, but there is not much that could cause some optimism in the near future. Nearly every major feature the browser could use today is delayed and the browser that Mozilla would need today won’t be available until the end of April.
blogs.wsj.com: As pundits ponder the future of Mozilla’s Firefox browser, the non-profit group’s chairwoman is banking on some pretty abstract gambles to help regain the platform’s edge over its rivals.
emoneydaily.com: Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG) has renewed its search deal with Mozilla Firefox.
- How Google Can Deal a Death Blow to Firefox
- Has Google Killed Off Firefox By Pulling Toolbar Deal?
- Can Firefox survive?
- Mozilla declines to say if it's renewed lucrative Google deal
- How To Tweak The Firefox Address Bar
- Chrome usage almost at that of Firefox
- Firefox 3.6 users to get nudged towards 8.0.1
- Close Tabs Efficiently In Firefox
h-online.com: The Ubuntu developers are now tracking Mozilla's rapid release cycle, releasing the updated version 8.0 of Mozilla's Firefox and Thunderbird.
- Try SeaMonkey 2.5 for a One-Stop Internet Solution
- Silent Updates Proposed for Firefox Are a Bad Security Risk
- New stuff in Firefox 8, looks ok
geek.com: Mozilla engineer Ehsan Akhgari has been toiling away at the improved delivery system for Firefox, and it’s now ready for testing.
- Firefox 8 grabs 35% of traffic in just one week
- How Mozilla Intents To Speed Up Firefox’s Update Process
- Mozilla Builds a 1 Megawatt Data Center
- Early Mockups Emerge for Firefox’s Upcoming New Tab Page
- Mozilla censors itself as part of American Censorship Day
- Firefox not to become fully multiprocess in the near future
- Introducing Mozilla Conductors
ghacks.net: Mozilla is about to release an update for the latest stable version of Firefox. Firefox 8.0.1 will be released less than two weeks after the release of Firefox 8, the latest stable version of the popular Internet browser.
- Hollywood and Congress Target Mozilla
- Mozilla hatches plan to tackle memory leaks in Firefox add-ons
- Mozilla Public License Version 2.0 RC 2
- Mozilla Fights for the Internet’s Future
- Mozilla Adopts Real Life Firefoxes to Celebrate 7th Birthday
- Firefox 10 Aurora Released, Gets WebGL Anti-Aliasing
- Make Firefox Start Quicker By Only Loading Tabs As You Use Them