- 7 Years of Firefox
- Celebrating 7 years of Firefox with the newest (and cutest) Mozillians!
- Firefox Turns 7, Releases a Polished Firefox 8
- Firefox 3.6 Users to Get Nudged to Upgrade to 8 on Nov 17
- Mozilla's Brendan Eich on the Birth of Firefox
- Thunderbird 8 lands with Lightning calendar
- Firefox 8 arrives today to leave unwanted add-ons out
- Mozilla Firefox Adds Twitter Search and New Features that Make Web Browsing Easier
- Firefox 8 cracks down on add-ons
- Boot to Gecko open web-based mobile OS being tested by Mozilla
Mozilla Lightning, the Calendar plug-in for the Thunderbird email client, has finally reached the 1.0 release today, after years in development. The Thunderbird email client also had a release today, to version 8, as well as Firefox 8.
zdnet.com: Chrome 15 vs Opera 11 vs IE9 vs Firefox 8 vs Safari 5 … which browser will be triumphant?
- How To Restore Firefox Bookmarks
- Mozilla Dev on How to Convert Chrome User to Firefox
- The Holy Grail Of Chrome-To-Firefox User Conversion?
- Call for Ireland to take a lead in the Mozilla and open source communities
extremetech.com: The Principal Designer of Firefox, Alex Faaborg, the man behind almost every icon, button, and visual flourish in Firefox 3, 4, and beyond, is leaving Mozilla. Before departing, though, he has treated us to a list of his proudest UX achievements —
webmonkey.com: Mozilla’s Principal Designer on Firefox, Alex Faaborg, is leaving the company to “try out design work in an entirely different space.” Before he goes though, Faaborg is sharing some designs from the Mozilla cutting room floor.
networkworld.com: All eyes are on Google's Chrome browser as it battles Mozilla's Firefox in a tight fight for the No. 2 position behind Microsoft's Internet Explorer, which is holding onto its market-leading share of the desktop browser market.
pcmag.com: Over the past year, all I've been hearing about is Chrome this and Chrome that. It renders better. It's faster. It's slicker. Now people look at me like I'm crazy if I tell them that I'm using Firefox.
zdnet.com: Mozilla, has joined up with Microsoft to make a special version of Firefox that uses the Bing for its default search engine and home page.
informationweek.com: Ever since Mozilla first announced that they, like Google Chrome, were moving to a more frequent upgrade cycle for their Firefox Web browser, there has been a lot of controversy and complaints, especially from business users of the browser.
informationweek.com: Recent new versions of the browser have featured mostly under the hood changes and no new visible features for users. But that looks to finally change with Firefox 8.
pcworld.com: Hard on the heels of recent reports that Google's Chrome browser may overtake Firefox by year's end, Mozilla on Monday released its annual “State of Mozilla” report including rosy financial results and a discussion of its efforts moving forward.
- Mozilla: Rising revenue, but rising challenges
- Firefox Boounce, Switch Search Engines Effortlessly
- Mozilla postpones Firefox 3.6 update plan
- Mozilla CEO Gary Kovacs On The Fate Of Firefox In A Mobile Era
- Stop Firefox from Greying Out URLs in the Navigation Bar
- Firefox 8 to slurp updates silently
techrepublic.com: Jack Wallen pulls no punches with his thoughts on the current release of Firefox. Will bugs and bloat bring the flagship open source browser to a screaming halt?
Also: Mozilla aims to add silent updating to Firefox 10
- Firefox 9 Features, Changes
- Mozilla releases Firefox 7.0.1 to fix add-on issue
- Mozilla releases demo of Gladius game engine
pthree.org: Let’s talk browsers. Specifically, Opera 11.51, Firefox 7.0.1, Safari 5.1 and Chrome 14.0.835.163. I don’t have access to Internet Explorer 9. Ordered best to worst.
- 9000 Good Reasons to Upgrade to Firefox 7.0.1
- Firefox 7: Better Memory Management, Meh Performance
- History of Mozilla – A Starting Point