totalinux.org: The Debian GNU/Linux project is looking at a development freeze in March. Earlier this year, the owner of Canonical, Mark Shuttleworth, had proposed that Debian sync releases with Ubuntu so that the work could be spread.
balau82.wordpress: OpenCores is an organization owned by ORSoc that invests in open source hardware. Their site hosts many hardware projects that ship the source code (Hardware Description Language in this case) with the GNU Lesser General Public Licence.
- The Ubuntu Release Cycle
- Designs of the New Ubuntu 10.04 CD boot menu
- Ubuntu Software Centre- Can't it help finance app development?
- New Application Stack in Ubuntu 10.04
- 100 More Papercuts for Ubuntu 10.04
- Lucid Alpha 1 is coming to town!
- Ubuntu 10.04 May Backport Newer Kernels
- Ubuntu Membership: debunking myths
- The Great Switch -- Ubuntu to Arch
suseblog.com: Inevitably, there will be what we call ’showstopper’ bugs in distribution releases. When this happens, in the vast majority of cases, those responsible for the distro get fixes out immediately.
Having tried the Alpha 5 in September and finding it stable and fast in my laptop, I was very eager to try the official release. The verdict in 2 words is:
It rocks!! And yes, the brown-orange theme has finally gone away!!
- 'Ubuntu Needs a Longer Release Schedule!'
- Ubun-student – Learn Ubuntu enhancement tricks
- Christmas Ubuntu Theme: for Christmas Times
- Ubuntu 9.10: The Karmic Koala Benchmarked And Reviewed
- Windows 7 vs Ubuntu 9.10
- Ubuntu Spelunkers Return to Redmond Cave