phoronix.com: Tomorrow will mark the first alpha release of Ubuntu 10.04, and while there is still a long journey ahead for this Long-Term Support release before it officially makes its debut in April, we could not pass up the opportunity to provide some early benchmarks.
pcworld.com: The V13 laptop, which is priced starting at US$449, measures 0.65 inches (16.5 mm) at its thinnest point, weighs about 3.5 pounds, has a 13.3-inch screen, and comes with the Ubuntu Linux OS.
techie-buzz.com: Here are quick answers to some of the most frequently asked questions (FAQ’s) , by new users , for Karmic Koala:
Bluetile is a tiling window manager for X based on xmonad. Bluetile automatically arranges the windows to tile the screen, maximizing screen use.
skattertech.com: After becoming increasingly frustrated with Windows Vista, I began searching for an alternative operating system.
- Remove Old Kernels in Ubuntu
- How to install a lightweight Ubuntu
- How to Recover Ubuntu after a Partial Upgrade
- Howto : GfxBoot ( Grub like suse ) in Ubuntu
- How to mount, unmount, and format floppy disk in Ubuntu
- Enable/Disable write support for windows NTFS with simple click
- Ubuntu 10.04 Will Have "Simple Scan"
- Ubuntu Remix vs Chrome OS
- Day of Ubuntu Wallpapers
- Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter #171
- Android Theme for Ubuntu Linux
- Ubuntu Sun Theme Gets Official Release
- Linux: I'm Lovin' Ubuntu 9.10
- Things I like in Ubuntu
cookingwithlinux.com: The last time I blogged about Ubuntu Desktop, either I didn't explain the problems I was having sufficiently, or people just don't get it and react. I have decided to just keep on writing and let the chips fall where they may.
totalinux.org: The Debian GNU/Linux project is looking at a development freeze in March. Earlier this year, the owner of Canonical, Mark Shuttleworth, had proposed that Debian sync releases with Ubuntu so that the work could be spread.
balau82.wordpress: OpenCores is an organization owned by ORSoc that invests in open source hardware. Their site hosts many hardware projects that ship the source code (Hardware Description Language in this case) with the GNU Lesser General Public Licence.