dwasifar.com: I switched my laptop to Mint 10 two weeks ago. The more I use it, the happier I am with it. It has been absolutely rock stable, no interface glitches whatsoever. It boots fast, it looks great. It just works.
- Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot) Features
- Interview with Matthew East
- Netbook Launcher now Available for Natty
- Add Ubuntu One style dark toolbars to all apps in Ubuntu
- Kubuntu 11.10 Mobile Devices Sneak Peak
- Bacon: Rocking The LoCo Community In Oneiric
- Python plans for Ubuntu 11.10 and 12.04
pocket-lint.com: Canonical is the parent company of the most popular distribution of the free, open-source computer operating system known as Linux and if there’s one thing between them and their broad horizons, it’s Windows.
lxer.com: In recent years, Ubuntu Linux has become increasingly popular as a replacement for Windows. Ubuntu is an operating system which features a number of advantages that make it an appealing alternative for everyday users. Here are 10 reasons why Ubuntu beats Windows hands down.
openbytes.wordpress: Theres been a 1001 different reviews of Ubuntu 11.04, so I hope to put a little bit of a different spin on the review. For this review, I want to explore how much of the “doom and gloom” reported by other people is actually true in respect of 11.04 but in particular Unity.
- Top 6 Ubuntu 11.04 Themes
- Bacon: Building The Kitchen Sink
- Xubuntu 11.04 Review / Thoughts (video)
- Jono Bacon, Ubuntu Community Manager - Unity is too simple
- Unity-2D on Ubuntu 10.10
- Ubuntu 11.10 Release Schedule Published
thevarguy.com: Recent changes in Launchpad have made it easier for developers to integrate translations into Ubuntu. Here’s the scoop, and why it matters more than you might think.
This tutorial shows how you can set up an Ubuntu Studio 11.04 desktop that is a full-fledged replacement for a Windows desktop, i.e. that has all the software that people need to do the things they do on their Windows desktops. The advantages are clear: you get a secure system without DRM restrictions that works even on old hardware, and the best thing is: all software comes free of charge.
- Soon Ubuntu Will Be Running In Your Car
- What of Power Usering?
- As Natty Debates Continue, the Next Ubuntu Is Coming
- Problem Solvers vs. Problem Spotters