itwire.com: Canonical is also top class when it comes to spin. Any criticism levelled at the company is met by a much bigger reaction from its owner Mark Shuttleworth who not many dare to contradict.
linuxjournal.com: The old "Ubuntu doesn't contribute back" argument cropped up again when Dave Neary released a report of the talk he gave at GUADEC on the contributions made to the GNOME desktop environment. A firestorm of debate ensued and Shuttleworth was accused of name calling and guilt to try to win the argument.
- Canonical takes much more than it gives
- Shuttleworth: Tribalism is the enemy within
- It’s not about tribalism, Mark
- Red Hat, 16%. Canonical, 1%.
- The success of Ubuntu
- Bacon: Red Hat, Canonical and GNOME Contributions
- Re: Red Hat, 16%. Canonical, 1%.
- About contributions, Canonical and adopters
khattam.info: Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat has been scheduled to be released 10 October 2010 (10/10/10) and most of the changes have been already implemented as it is heading for the 3rd Alpha release in August 5th.
- Ubuntu 10.04: A Second Look
- Linux Mint 9 KDE Review and Screenshots
dohbuoy.wordpress: The Kubuntu team have remodeled their abode, with astounding results.
ghabuntu.com: One of the greatest strengths of Linux over other OS is the centralized software and update management tools that come built in. However, I noted a common misconception.
- Get a Blazing Fast Computer for Free
- Why Ubuntu Linux Is a Good Business Choice
thevarguy.com: Plenty of folks are confused about Dell’s commitment to Ubuntu, the Linux distribution promoted by Canonical. In recent days, old rumors about Dell abandoning Ubuntu have returned. But in reality, Dell indicates it is preparing to ship systems with Ubuntu 10.04.
techrepublic.com: I’ve been using the latest version (10.04) of Ubuntu Linux since April and there’s a lot to like about it. Today I want to talk about two significant advantages that Ubuntu has over Windows 7 and Mac OS X.