mrpogson.com: Last week, evolution caught up with the Ubuntu juggernaut. After jerking people around with Unity, Wayland, Mir, and generally annoying lovers of Free Software with top-down stuff, Canonical drove more people to take a look at installing Debian GNU/Linux as suggested by the page-hit ratings on Distrowatch. That puts Debian GNU/Linux in #2 after Mint.
wsj.com: The co-editor of Boing Boing, novelist and fellow at the Electronic Frontier Foundation shares his tools for circumventing censorship in airports, easing back pain and sparking the curiosity of his 5-year-old daughter
- Is the Ubuntu Edge phone doomed?
- The Ubuntu Edge campaign is in trouble, and here’s why
- Ubuntu Edge Smartphone Funding Tapers Off
zdnet.com: Telstra has said that it is looking beyond iOS, Android, Windows, and BlackBerry to Firefox and Ubuntu for future phones.
- Ubuntu Forums are back up and a post mortem
- Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 327
- Ubuntu Edge smartphone funding levels dying off
- Full Circle Magazine #75 – Better Late Than Never!
- Ubuntu’s Edge Gamble | LAS s28e01
- Lubuntu 13.10 wallpaper contest
- Play With an Interactive, Virtual Ubuntu Edge
- No, it’s not you, Ian
- Install Deepin desktop environment on ubuntu 13.04
larrythefreesoftwareguy: After a losing a long bout with insomnia early Thursday morning, I started to looking at different Internet memes and matched them with — how can I put this mildly? — a current annoyance in the FOSS world known as the Indiegogo campaign for Ubuntu Edge.
- Ubuntu 13.10 32-bit vs. 64-bit Performance
- All you wanted to know about workspaces in Ubuntu
- Move Your Home Folder to Another Partition [Linux/Ubuntu]
myubuntublog.com: When people hear the term Ubuntu they now instantly think of Unity. The Unity desktop has its fans and it has its detractors. The Unity desktop isn’t overly customisable whereas Xubuntu’s XFCE desktop is probably the most customisable desktop environment available.
omgubuntu.co.uk: Canonical’s CEO spoke of her excitement and appreciation at the support that’s behind the Ubuntu Edge campaign.
Also: Canonical Lowers the Price of Ubuntu Edge with New Perk
And: Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 326