ubuntumanual.org: In 18 days from today, Canonical and the Ubuntu community will ship Ubuntu 11.04 Natty with their new baby - Unity! Developers are very confident about how people will perceive it. Still some are apprehensive. Check out some of the arguments by a few users:
justinstories.wordpress: The ubuntu desktop never stops to amuse and never stops to innovate. The ubuntu unity packs in with load full of features and one never stops to wonder how much thought have been gone into come up with all those ideas, if only some efforts was also put into the planning and implementation of those nice ideas.
- Ubuntu Natty release countdown banners chosen
- Unity and Me
- Care robot runs on Windows and Ubuntu
- New hardware, Sandybridge, and Ubuntu
- Unity launcher behaviour to change
- The little things that matter: Unity’s new grid animations
- Ubuntu 11.04 Gets Much Needed Launcher Customization
- Mark Shuttleworth talks Narwhals
- Ubuntu Expels One Of Its Developers
- The Spiel About The Default Ubuntu 11.04 Desktop
phoronix.com: When Mark Shuttleworth and co announced last year that Ubuntu 11.04 would deploy a Canonical-developed Unity desktop environment instead of the GNOME 3.0 Shell or the classic GNOME2 desktop, many users were concerned. Now it looks like Canonical may default Ubuntu 11.04 to using the classic desktop.
muktware.com: I was playing with Ubuntu 11.04 the other day and I fell in love with Unity. But, when I took it to one of my friends he was pissed off. He did not like it. He uses computer to post his blogs, skype with his family and friends and to do basic stuff.
justinstories.wordpress: It was predicted since canonical announced unity… It was anticipated since people tried and disappointed on unity… It was desired since people saw, tried and experienced gnome 3.0 and its new shell… It was inevitable...