theregister.co.uk: Windows XP users in Germany’s third largest city are being offered free upgrades to Ubuntu ahead of termination of Microsoft support for the OS next Spring.
- Burning Circle Episode 130
- Intel rejection of Ubuntu’s Mir patch forces Canonical to go own way
- Ubuntu Crops Up In Mercedes-Benz Self-Driving Car Promo
- System76 Galago UltraPro Performance Preview
- Ubuntu impresses in Linux enterprise server test
- Ubuntu Linux Toolbox: 1000 Commands for Power Users
softpedia: Intel announced yesterday, September 7, 2013, that they've removed support for XMir, Canonical's new X11 display server that will be injected in the upcoming releases of the Ubuntu Linux operating system, from the xf86-video-intel package, the open source driver for Intel video cards.
muktware.com: Kubuntu is one of those few GNULinux based distributions which brings the two leading technologies together – Ubuntu and KDE. There are quite a lot of businesses which are using this combination in their set-up. Till now there was no professional support available for Kubuntu users. To fill this gap the Kubuntu community has launched commercial support for businesses, organizations and individuals.
techrepublic.com: Here is a quick fact sheet about what changes you can expect to see in Ubuntu 13.10 (Saucy Salamander).
computerworld.com.au: In March Canonical announced the Chinese version of its Ubuntu OS, with the support of Chinese government institutions
- Thank you, Ubuntu!
- Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 331
- Ubuntu Developer Summit This Week
- Ubuntu 12.04.3 system update in visual review
- App Grid - new lightweight Ubuntu Software alternative
- Canonical Is Looking for Mir Testing Volunteers
- Mir Display Server 0.0.10 Arrives Before the Ubuntu 13.10 Feature Freeze
linuxadvocates.com: Delight. It's that feeling you get when you stumble upon something new that you had no idea existed. In my view, Lubuntu really has the best mix of features for older PCs and Atom-based Netbooks of any Distro I can think of.
omgubuntu.co.uk: The winning wallpapers of Ubuntu 13.10′s wallpaper contest have been revealed.
- If you ever use text VTs, don't run XMir right now
- Add a user in Ubuntu
- System76 Gazelle Pro: An Intel Haswell Laptop With Ubuntu Linux
- S06E26 – Raging Ubuntu
- 4 favourite C's in Ubuntu setup
- Ubuntu Edge – What Happened?
- Ubuntu In a Nutshell Series: The Ubuntu SDK and Developer Story