computerworld.com.au: The latest version of Ubuntu, Raring Ringtail, is billed as business and user-friendly. There are still significant obstacles to its widespread adoption in the enterprise, but if your employees only access applications via the browser, and your company doesn't use complex spreadsheet macros or document formats, then Ubuntu 13 might be worth considering.
LAMP is short for Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP. This tutorial shows how you can install an Apache2 webserver on an Ubuntu 13.04 server with PHP5 support (mod_php) and MySQL support.
itwire.com: Just a day before Ubuntu announced that it would be making its Mir display server the default from the next release, in October, the chief Kubuntu developer, Jonathan Riddell, announced that Kubuntu would not be using Mir or XMir. Coincidence or anticipation? One wonders.
jonobacon@home: Most recently, we reached out to Phoronix to ask if Michael could perform some benchmarking tests on Mir to see where things stand today with applications running on XMir on Mir. These performance regressions should be largely resolved before Ubuntu 13.10.
phoronix.com: With Thursday's announcement that Mir will ship by default in Ubuntu 13.10 on the desktop, many Ubuntu users were caught by surprise that this experimental display server will be ready by October. At Phoronix we have already carried out our first Mir benchmarks.
- Ubuntu (Saucy Salamander) Alpha 1 Released!
- Mir Plans In 13.10
- A Whistlestop Tour Of Ubuntu 13.04
- Survey says, Ubuntu still rocks
- Bacon: First Ubuntu Weekly Update Video
- Canonical Is Hiring More Mir, Unity Developers
- Kubuntu Won't be Switching to Mir
- Installing Nightingale music player on Ubuntu 13.04
- Ubuntu GNOME 13.10 Alpha 1 Testing
networkworld.com: Plans are afoot to have Munich's city government distribute 2,000 Lubuntu installation CDs to users with older Windows PCs, after Microsoft stops releasing security updates for Windows XP next year.
- Two things Canonical can do to heal the rift in the open source community
- Xubuntu 30-Day Challenge
- K3b Nero like CD/DVD Burning Software in Ubuntu
- Burning Circle Episode 119
mylinuxrig.com: Jorge’s a cool guy. He’s passionate about Ubuntu, Linux, and the user experience. All of that comes through very strongly in his interview.