ubuntu.com: The Feature Freeze is now in effect for Maverick. The focus from here until release is on fixing bugs and polishing.
apcmag.com: Yesterday we looked at Jolicloud as an option for netbook owners keen on using the net's cloud computing potential. Today, we look at the big name in Linux: Ubuntu.
peterswapan.wordpress: Ubuntu is a collection of thousands of computer programs and documents created by a range of individuals, teams and companies. Each of these programs may come under a different licence.
- Ubootnu versus the neck beards
- Of GNU/Linux, Hardliners and a clear case of double standards!
theravingrick.blogspot: The customer's engineer came up with a system where they would create a unique identifier for each Ubuntu computer they sold, and then when the computers requested update info daily, it would send that unique identifier with it. The customer didn't really want to use a unique identifier though.
linuxuser.co.uk: Canonical developer Dave Walker investigates the importance of governance in a community as rich and diverse as Ubuntu’s…
- Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter #205
- Ubuntu Probably the First Distro Overtake Popularity of Linux
phoronix.com: Just uploaded to the Ubuntu Lucid repository for Ubuntu 10.04 LTS is a new package called canonical-census. Curious about what this package provides, we did some digging and found it's for tracking Ubuntu installations by sending an "I am alive" ping to Canonical on a daily basis.
- Ubuntu: "We have no plans to fork GNOME"
- Ubuntu Devs Discuss Backports Changes
- An Update to the Ubuntu Light Themes
- A Funny Thing Happened in the Shuttleworth Forum
- X.Org Server 1.9 Is Hitting Ubuntu 10.10 Soon
popey.com/blog: Today saw the first Ubuntu-UK LoCo “geeknic” and in my opinion it was a great success. Around 20 people turned up to enjoy fun, food and chat.