workswithu.com: The release of Jaunty Jackalope (Ubuntu 9.04) on April 23 might have been the most celebrated open source operating system release to date — with 110 release parties taking place across the globe. But here’s the twist:
bitburners.com: They could have called it the Rushed Ram or Bugsy Bear, but instead its a fictional creature Jackalope. Ubuntu’s latest tries to bring some innovation to the table, after the intermediate Ibex, but unfortunately it doesn’t feel ready from day one.
- Ubuntu 9.04 does not use ext4 by default
- Canonical Engaging Ubuntu Software Partners
- Chasing the white whale- “the year of the linux desktop” and “new ubuntu theme”
- Ubuntu 9.04: More of the same
- Shortcuts That Work for Ubuntu 9.04
- A year with Ubuntu Linux
osor.eu: The public administration of the city of Boom is using Ubuntu for ten new publicly accessible desktop PCs in its public library. The Boom library is not the only public library in Belgium using this GNU/Linux distribution.
tuxradar.com: Dear Mark, there's one thing we think is colossally stupid, and we're hoping you'll give some thought to changing it to something smarter. That thing is Update Manager.
- Ubuntu 9.04 Boot Times
- Jaunty boot up times
- Ubuntu As TV Character Name
tuxradar.com: The arrival of Jaunty Jackalope means that UNR has finally seen an official release, so there are lots of questions that need answering: how is it different from normal Ubuntu? How well does it work on average netbooks? And, most importantly, is it any good?
junauza.com: Ubuntu has finally eclipsed Windows XP in terms of popularity. -- This is according to the most recent data from Google Trends. See graph below:
- The Not So Jaunty Jackalope
- Ubuntu Jaunty - Positive and Negative
- Don't rest, Ubuntu has a way to go yet
- Ubuntu 9.04 vs Zenwalk 6.0: performance
- How Customize Ubuntu with Backgrounds and Emblems