everydaylinuxuser.com: I was a great fan of Ubuntu and Canonical. When Canonical switched to Unity on 11.04, I tried it and mostly liked it. The final straws for me was Canonical's decision not to include snd-pcm-oss as a kernel model (which I discovered with Ubuntu 12.04), breaking ALSA's OSS emulation, as well as the inclusion of Amazon search.
- Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 325
- Burning Circle Episode 122
- Canonical Continues Working On XMir Performance
datamation.com: In this article, I'll examine how Debian compares to Ubuntu and whether or not it can make for a solid Ubuntu alternative.
dedoimedo.com: SuperX is a Linux-based distribution that does not like to advertise its Linux roots. Hence, the official website, which only speaks about the ultimate computer operating system and superior alternative solutions.
mjg59.dreamwidth.org: For Ubuntu 13.10, Canonical are proposing to use Mir by default. Of course, this requires a certain amount of replumbing. This step is actually more interesting than it sounds.
- Ubuntu 13.10 Wallpaper Contest Kicks Off
- See your photos and illustrations in Ubuntu 13.10
- Remove The Unity Lenses On Ubuntu 13.04
- Ubuntu App Charts in June 2013
- Latest Compiz gaming update to the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Bacon: Mir for Everyone
- Fix the “can’t find command drivemap” Error After Installing Ubuntu
- Quick and Easy OpenVPN With Ubuntu
- How To Install LiVES On Ubuntu 13.04
myubuntublog.com: This article is in response to an article in Linux User and Developer magazine which gives a glowing review of Linux Mint 15 whilst making some fairly derogatory and unnecessary comments about Ubuntu. Is Ubuntu bashing a new sport?
- Shuttleworth: Two weeks with Mir
- Shuttleworth Says Mir Is Faster than X
- Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 324
- Canonical Puts Out Mir 0.0.6 Release For Ubuntu
- Ubuntu 13.04 Keyboard Tricks and Shortcuts
itworld.com: Today in open source: Linux Mint takes versus Ubuntu on the desktop, linux distros battle for tablet supremacy, linux is here to stay