txwikinger.me.uk: Since the inception of Gnome, there seems to have been a never ending flame war about desktops in the FLOSS community. I am really getting tired of it, because it not only is boring, but also continuously diverts us from being productive.
mylinuxrig.com: I decided to try out Ubuntu 11.10 on my Thinkpad T43. I know it’s controversial, but I’ve been intrigued by the idea that Canonical is trying to give Ubuntu an experience beyond what’s provided by existing desktop managers.
itechreport.com.au: This was supposed to be a review of the new Ubuntu release (Oneiric Ocelot), however the only thing the new Ubuntu did not do to me was jump out kick me in the head. Instead, I decided to look at Kubuntu, the Ubuntu varient using the KDE desktop.
- Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot review - Damn good
- Xubuntu 11.10: go, little ‘Buntu, go!
- Review: Kubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot"
- Ubuntu Unity Experience
- End of support for Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook and ARM – 2011/10/29
- Retail Stores in China
- Automated deployment of Ubuntu with Orchestra
- Ubuntu 12.04 Development update
- 5 Alternatives to Unity in Ubuntu Oneiric
zdnet.com: Mr. Shuttleworth, Don’t make me angry. You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry. Jason Perlow, ZDNet Sr. Technology Editor, searching for a way to tap into the hidden strengths that all Linux operating systems have. Then an accidental overdose of half-baked user interface interferes with his unique mental state. And now, when Jason Perlow grows angry or outraged, a startling metamorphosis occurs.
- Ubuntu 11.10 review
- GNOME3 vs Unity on Ubuntu 11.10: my score is 6 - 9
ulyssesonline.com: Remember the good old days when Windows had problems with the “Blue Screen of Death.” Years later, XBox followed with its “Red Ring of Death.” Now, it’s Ubuntu turn, what others are coining as the “White Screen of Death.”
- Planning Ubuntu 12.04
- Ubuntu members want more representation
- Ubuntu 11.10 Experience on Dell D610