standardsandfreedom.net: Forgive the title above; but these past days we started to receive more and more questions about the OpenOffice.org Renaissance Project and whether we would continue its works and implement its changes.
standardsandfreedom.net: Today the Document Foundation has issued a press release that marks the beginning of something exciting; but it’s likely that not a lot of people will understand what’s being explained through the multiple layers of buzz and general statements that were made.
robweir.com: When I hear the word “fork”, I reach for my gun. OK. Maybe it is not that bad. But in the open source world, “fork” is a loaded term. So I’ll avoid the term “fork” for the remainder of this post and instead talk about the legacy of one notable open source project, OpenOffice.org.
pcmag.com: Those looking for some alternatives to the pricey Microsoft Office have looked to Google for its small suite of online apps and OpenOffice, an open-source Office suite "owned" by Oracle and comprised of clones of the Microsoft product. This is about to get more complicated.
itworld.com: This accomplishes two things: those who leave can be replaced by more Oracle-friendly developers. Those who stay will have re-committed themselves to the success of OpenOffice.org, just by staying. Ah, but there's another benefit here left unsaid:
- OpenOffice.org 3.3.0 Almost Here - Is It the Last?
- The Oracle Fiasco's Impact
- Introducing: the Simple Java API for ODF
- Mass resignations from OpenOffice.org
- New: OOo-DEV 3.x Developer Snapshot
- OpenOffice.org 3.3.0 Release Candidate 3 available
linuxmigrante.blogspot: Yesterday, I finished the analysis of a survey I passed for one of my courses. I used tables, pie graphs, bar graphs, and many of those features people love to see when data analysis is presented. Oh...I also used Open Office to build the whole thing.
- Oracle OpenOffice.org vs. TDF LibreOffice
- Java Is Under Siege. Will Oracle Let It Burn?
- OpenOffice.org and the Unnecessary Ultimatum
- 5 Myths About OpenOffice.org / LibreOffice
- OpenOffice Council Shows LibreOffice Fans the Door
- OpenOffice.org is dead to me
- LibreOffice Contributions stats