The current Ubuntu 14.04 development cycle has been heavily focused on bringing the tablet spec up-to-spec for a v1.0 release this April, while work on honing the Mir display server to handle the adaptive convergent needs of larger screens has also progressed at speed.
But hearing that devices will hit the market in the latter half of this year is a surprise. Speaking to Steve Costello for MWL TV, Shuttleworth stated
- News Roundup: Free Software/Open Source Software
- Desktop Environments News: KDE, GNOME, XFCE…
- Recent and Upcoming Events
- OpenStack Advocacy and Promotion (Especially From Red Hat) and Other Stack Initiatives
- LibreOffice Stories: Birthday, New Release (4.2), Web Site, TDF Board
- Education Freedom: Growth of FOSS and Sharing (e.g. Open Access) in Educational Institutes
I noticed a huge pop in my web stats for today and wondered why. The cause was a link on Tux Machines. There was a recent change of ownership. Now Dr. Roy Schestowitz and Rianne Schestowitz seem to be the main authours. In a couple of days they produced a huge number of informative articles mostly links to diverse sites advocating FLOSS and GNU/Linux. I love it.