It wasn’t a big surprise when Linton announced her intention to sell the site. For a while it had been obvious she wasn’t putting the time into it she once had. Since the site had started in 2004, it had been constantly maintained, with links to other sites being posted daily, if not more often. Recently, it had lost that dependability. Days, sometimes weeks, would go by without the site being updated.
“I’m just getting too old and tired to keep the site up the way it and its loyal visitors deserve,” she wrote. “It may get better next spring, but this fall I’ll end up losing all my visitors I’m afraid.”
- Links 1/9/2014: Poettering on systemd, ITNews on DBMSs
- Links 2/9/2014: GNU/Linux in BBC, Calls Against systemd
- New Lies About Microsoft ‘Privacy’ and New FUD Against the GPL Comes From ‘Former’ Microsoft Staff at Black Duck
- Pro-Software Patents Voices Finally Acknowledge the Demise of Software Patents in the United States
- Microsoft Should Not be Considered Too Big to Jail
During the past month I have been in discussions with a number of people at about.com.
I have been provided with the opportunity of writing articles on the linux.about.com subsite and I am in full control of all the content that will appear on that site.
It is early days and there is some old content on the site which is a bit out of date but I plan to make linux.about.com a great resource for everyone.
- Moving Away From Windows to GNU/Linux and the Abandonment of Windows as the Modest Proposal These Days
- Korean Press Slams Microsoft Over Patent Extortion Against Linux/Android as New Abuses Resurface
- More Good News About Patents and Their Demise in the United States
- Links 31/8/2014: Linux 3.12.27, Akademy 2014
- Links 30/8/2014: Jailhouse 0.1, *buntu 14.10 Beta
- Links 23/8/2014: GNU/Linux Growth
- Links 24/8/2014: GNU/Linux Specialisation and Benchmarks
- Links 25/8/2014: China's Linux Revolution Imminent
- Microsoft-Funded Attacks on Android Security and Patent/Copyright
- FUD Against Google and FOSS Security Amid Microsoft Windows Security Blunders
- Microsoft Spin Watch: IDG Turns to More Microsoft Propaganda, Hires Microsoft Boosters
- Microsoft's Massive Tax Evasion Becomes Better Known
- UPS Burned by Microsoft Windows, Gives Away Massive Number of Credit Card Details
- Microsoft's Funding of ALEC and Other Systemic Corruption
- Microsoft is Still Preying on British Taxpayers, Playing Politics
- Microsoft's Patent Troll Intellectual Ventures is Collapsing as 20% of Staff Laid Off
- Links 21/8/2014: Conferences of Linux Foundation, Elephone Emerges
- Links 20/8/2014: Linux Event, GNOME Milestone
- Corruption Watch: Microsoft Lobbying Designed to Kill Chile’s Free Software Policy and Promote Microsoft With Subsidies, More Dirty Tricks Emerge in Munich
- Vista 8 Such a Disaster That Even Microsoft Cannot Cope With It, Vapourware Tactics Start Early
- On BlackBerry and Other Patent Trolls
- Links 19/8/2014: Humble Jumbo Bundle 2 Betrayal, Mercedes-Benz Runs GNU/Linux