omgubuntu.co.uk: Avant Window Navigator, a popular dock for Linux, is going to be getting a shiny new network manager docklet.
wolf911.us: This is my first look at gnome shell. I guess this is going to be the big thing for gnome when gnome 3 comes out in 2010. Gnome shell is in it’s early stages yet, but I miss having the ability to place things on the panel.
- Top 10 killer apps for Linux Nerds
- Comix: A Digital Comic Book Reader for Linux
- Shutter is a State of Art Screenshot Tool for Ubuntu
- Maximus – A Tool to Reclaim Desktop Space in Linux
- SugarCRM 5.5: New Views and Interface
- Manage your fonts in Linux with Fonty Python
raiden.net: Linux is a great operating system. It's open source, stable, fast, etc. But it isn't really very much adopted. Besides FUD and advertising against Linux by companies that don't want Linux to succeed, there's a valid reason not to adopt Linux: application availability.
- 5 Essential Linux Apps for Guitarists
- 51 Open Source Tools to Protect Your Identity
- Audacity 1.3.10 Beta Inches to Next Major Release
phoronix.com: To address the questions that have been coming up frequently regarding the X.Org Server and the plans to stop using HAL, Sun's Alan Coopersmith has created a new Wiki page called XorgHAL.
notmart.org: For the last screencasts I had to do, I needed some tool were it's easy to cut little pieces of various short movie files and that could have let me to reassemble them together, maybe with some simple not too heavy transition effects.
thelinuxblog.com: I’ve come across a number of programs in the past and thought to myself, “Why didn’t they script this, it would be so much easier.”