pcpro.co.uk: Is Linux finally ready for the mainstream? Barry Collins pits Ubuntu against Windows to find out
- That Other OS is Cripple-ware
- Russia Uses Microsoft to Suppress Dissent
- Watch out KDE! MS now owns Qt by proxy…
blogs.techrepublic.com: I like to break stuff. Why? It means I get to find things out about what I’ve broken and it means I get to repair what I have broken. And operating systems are no exception.
thebeezspeaks.blogspot: You probably know by now that I don't touch anything but Linux in my private life. However, in my professional life I do not have that choice.
- DtO: Taking Their Word for It (MS & OSS)
- Linux Fanboys == Fake Linux Users?
dedoimedo.com: Once again, I show off my toys. It's an article about my newest laptop, running a dual boot of Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx. You get a hands on review of both the hardware and the software, the ease of installation, a comparison between the two systems, a practical guide to dual booting, and a handful of great screenshots.
itworld.com: If there was any take-away I got from LinuxCon a couple of weeks ago, it was this: open source has finally become mainstream.
- Microsoft: Looking For Love In All The Wrong Places
- Of course Microsoft loves open source
- DtO: Tough Love
zdnet.com/blog: Back in 2001 Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer called Linux a “cancer” that threatened the company, but now the Redmond giant claims to “love open source.” Well, actions speak louder than words.
- Microsoft 'Loves' Open Source, and Pigs Can Fly
- A couple comments on "Microsoft: ‘We love open source’"