raiden.net: Recently Dell began denying purchasers of their Linux desktop machines the ability to get a refund on their "Windows Tax", the carefully hidden cost of Windows included in the price of the machine they just purchased. So why are they doing this?
blogs.pcworld.co.nz: Following a spate of recent acquisitions Google's CEO Eric Schmidt announced this morning that the Mountain View-based company had bought Microsoft Corporation.
- Microsoft teams with Google in name of privacy
- Flash Player To Come Bundled With Google Chrome
- Google's plan to end Android fragmentation
- The State of the Internet Operating System
- What if all software was open source?
katonda.com/blog: Microsoft Bing has many flaws, but this one seems to be the most outrageous one. If you try to search for OpenOffice on Bing, it will not show you the actual OpenOffice.org website but will show pages from random websites.
- Microsoft Extends Commitment to Open Source
- Microsoft Newly Embracing Open Source Makes Sense
- Microsoft has shot .NET ecosystem in foot: De Icaza
- Patent 101
- Microsoft moments -- good, bad and ugly
- Questioning open-core licensing for open source software
eweekeurope.co.uk: A legal dispute between Microsoft and an open source company in Argentina raises questions about the availability of desktop Linux in other countries, experts claim
computerworlduk.com: If you haven't heard of Intellectual Ventures, you will do. Set up by ex-Microsoftie Nathan Myhrvold, with investments from Microsoft among others, it is basically a patenting machine – filing and buying them in huge quantities.
theregister.co.uk: Dell has told a Linux-loving Reg reader that he can't receive a refund on the copy of Windows 7 that shipped with his new Dell netbook because it was bundled with the machine for "free".
macaudailytimes.com.mo: Like most people I use Microsoft Windows and Office on my computer at work, and up until recently I had a similar setup for my home computer. But I recently changed to use the Ubuntu version of Linux and OpenOffice at home and and feel that both systems perform comparably.