linuxinsider.com: Few would deny that the Seven Heavenly Virtues are all characteristics worth striving for, but lately the Linux blogosphere has afforded more than a few shining examples. Linux Girl would like to highlight two of them.
batsov.com: A little more than an year ago I wrote my rant post The Linux Desktop Experience is Killing Linux on the Desktop and for the first time in 8 years I wasn’t a desktop Linux user anymore.
- The History of Linux
- First Attempt At Linux Kernel Secure Boot Support
- Linux Multi-Monitor Support Could Be Improved
- 10 Linux Strip Command Examples
- Use head and tail to read text files
- Going Linux #183
- OpenSuse 12.2 Screenshots
- Trisquel GNU Linux, the “most Free” Gnome Distro
- OpenSUSE 12.2 Gnome Review: Simple, elegant, stable
- Fedora 18 postponed a third time
- Kiwi Linux 12.08: Ubuntu Precise with Gnome classic
- Fedora 18 Alpha Wallpaper
- ROSA releases enterprise distribution
- What money can buy Mageia
- On the PCLOS 2012.08 KDE release
- SolusOS Has Something Cool for Veterans, Novices Alike
planetoss.com: Manjaro Linux is based on Arch Linux. Arch Linux provides a very stable, speedy, customizable and up to date Linux environment but the users may need to edit some configuration files to get all these advantages. I’ve had a great experience with Arch Linux and long expected a distribution that can bring these advantages to the masses (like what Ubuntu achieved from Debian).
ostatic.com: There have been quite a few announcements to come out of the Linux world recently. Ubuntu and Mageia got a developmental release while openSUSE and Arch announced their newest versions. The PCLinuxOS team released their "KDE FullMonty" update and a new Slackware derivative popped up on the scene.
pcworld.com: There seems to be no end in sight to the march of the tiny, sub-$100 Linux PCs arriving on the market this year, and recently two more contenders were added to the mix.
zdnet.com: Microsoft, as it did with Vista, is giving Linux another chance to make the gains in the PC market with Windows 8, but can Linux take advantage of this opportunity?
- Does openSUSE 12.2 support secure boot?
- UEFI Secure boot in Fedora: status update
linuxinsider.com (blog safari): Their tales are as varied as the ways in which their systems are used, but the common thread among Linux professionals' career arcs is that they took matters into their own hands and made things happen. Here are their roll-up-your-sleeves stories.