worldofgnome.org: It was a question since the huge delay in Fedora 18, when Fedora 19 would be available. Well, Fedora is coming back to its normal 2 releases a year schedule May/November. To succeed this, Fedora 19 should come out just 4 months after 18.
- Gentoo 20121221 Screenshots
- Red Hat CEO: We have a "massive" potential next year
- Are you FedUp with Fedora 17? Upgrade to 18
- Linux Outlaws 291 – Und Fritz Is Not Patient!
- Linux 3.8's features staked out
- A word on bitcoin support in Debian
- Switching policy types in Gentoo/SELinux
- GoOSe Linux 6.0 Beta Release Candidate 5 (RC5) Now Available
- Knoppix 7.0.5 Is Based on GNOME 3.4 and KDE 4.8
- Great Powersavings with Kernel 3.7.0
- Linux Mint 14 “Nadia” KDE released
Welcome to this year's twenty-fifth issue of DPN, the newsletter for the Debian community. Topics covered in this issue include:
Welcome to this year's final issue of DistroWatch Weekly! Perhaps the biggest talking point of the year, at least among Linux fans, was the controversial Unity desktop as promoted by Ubuntu.
zdnet.com: All the Linux Mint Editions have arrived just in time for the holidays - Linux Mint 14 (Nadia) with Cinnamon, MATE, KDE and Xfce dekstops, and Linux Mint Debian Edition Update Pack 6 with Cinnamon and MATE desktops.
techradar.com: Component compatibility is something the manufacturers will have to become more au fait with though, and we're going to investigate just how well the big players are doing right now.
all-things-linux.blogspot: CRUX is a DIY distribution that is perhaps less know than others, but it is the inspiration behind the mighty Arch Linux as the distribution Judd Vinet was originally using.
linuxbsdos.com: The first beta release of what would become Mageia 3 was made available for download a couple of days ago. So what applications and features will it have that will set it apart from previous editions and from other distributions?
techradar.com: Gunnar Hellekson has many awesome-sounding job titles. He's a clever chap with the ear of some pretty influential people, so we sar down with him for a chat.
- The Great Thing About Dream Studio
- Geek 101: How to install Ubuntu
- LMDE Update Pack 6
- openSUSE AppStore is Awesome
- Weekend Project: Become a Linux Contributor
- Red Hat Beats Revenue Estimates, Acquires ManageIQ
- Migration Stories, Part 2, Part 3
- PC-BSD 9.1 released ahead of FreeBSD 9.1
- The Best New Features of Ubuntu 12.10
- Slackware Current Toolchains Upgraded
- Red Hat Hiring Community Coordinator in Czech Republic
- The Linux Link Tech Show Episode 484
- Podcast Season 4 Episode 24