thevarguy.com: What is the history of Linux? A $10,000 Kickstarter campaign by Brian Thomason aims to support the creation of a video on the past, present and future of Linux.
linuxadvocates.com: Ubuntu, ChromeOS, and SuSE, are the only commercial Distros which are marketing Linux Desktop systems. With the exception of Chromebook, none is doing measurably well in the U.S. market.
pcworld.com: There's no doubt that desktop Linux has become increasingly user-friendly over the years, but it's equally true that some distributions focus more on ease of use than others do.
ostatic.com: It took nearly two years for Debian 7.0 to reach the masses. Wirzenius and co-writer Russ Allbery (Debian hacker) say, "We should aim for a short freeze, perhaps as short as two weeks, and certainly not longer than two months."
mylinuxexplore.blogspot: Let me get it straight in the beginning, if you are a real distro hopper and always looking for the latest Linux world has to offer, Debian is not the perfect distro for you. You will get bored. Debian stable branch is for those who look for supreme stability and awesome performance.
Also: Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up And Running
linuxadvocates.com: I sat on this article over night and I'm glad I did. While re-reading and editing, I realized it was probably the best decision I've made this week. It went beyond a rant, it went beyond releasing my Inner Crybaby.... It was scalding and mean.
theregister.co.uk: Google is moving the default software for its rentable cloud servers from a custom version of Linux to Debian.
- Korora 18: A screenshot tour
- Debian 7.0 Wheezy Review
- Look for Gentoo at LinuxTag 2013 in Berlin
- Rawhide weekly 2013-05-07
- Announcing openSUSE Edu Li-f-e 12.3.1
- Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss, Just an update
- Linux Podcasts and Magazines
- The Linux “.d” approach
- Linux Basement - Episode 78 - Lubuntu and Rich
- Good news: Debian 7 is rock solid. Bad news: It's called Wheezy
- Ubuntu's Raring Ringtail Is Kind of a Snore
- Fedora's FUDCon reborn as Flock
- Ubuntu To Get Its Own Package Format, App Installer
- Unity is not Great