freshtutorial.com: Ubuntu or Linux Mint. This is the question most people ask me when they set mind to install first Linux distribution in their machine.
gnome.org/~michael: My punch-line is that the Linux Desktop faces a huge and multi-factored ecosystem challenge, there is no single simple issue to fix. Over the last decade I've been peripherally involved in trying to tackle many of the problems in this area.
Welcome to this year's 37th issue of DistroWatch Weekly! This has been another exciting week in the world of Linux. The openSUSE project has release version 12.2 of its distribution. Another fascinating release comes from the Qubes OS project which attempts to improve desktop security...
linuxinsider.com: Few would deny that the Seven Heavenly Virtues are all characteristics worth striving for, but lately the Linux blogosphere has afforded more than a few shining examples. Linux Girl would like to highlight two of them.
batsov.com: A little more than an year ago I wrote my rant post The Linux Desktop Experience is Killing Linux on the Desktop and for the first time in 8 years I wasn’t a desktop Linux user anymore.
- The History of Linux
- First Attempt At Linux Kernel Secure Boot Support
- Linux Multi-Monitor Support Could Be Improved
- 10 Linux Strip Command Examples
- Use head and tail to read text files
- Going Linux #183
- OpenSuse 12.2 Screenshots
- Trisquel GNU Linux, the “most Free” Gnome Distro
- OpenSUSE 12.2 Gnome Review: Simple, elegant, stable
- Fedora 18 postponed a third time
- Kiwi Linux 12.08: Ubuntu Precise with Gnome classic
- Fedora 18 Alpha Wallpaper
- ROSA releases enterprise distribution
- What money can buy Mageia
- On the PCLOS 2012.08 KDE release
- SolusOS Has Something Cool for Veterans, Novices Alike
planetoss.com: Manjaro Linux is based on Arch Linux. Arch Linux provides a very stable, speedy, customizable and up to date Linux environment but the users may need to edit some configuration files to get all these advantages. I’ve had a great experience with Arch Linux and long expected a distribution that can bring these advantages to the masses (like what Ubuntu achieved from Debian).
ostatic.com: There have been quite a few announcements to come out of the Linux world recently. Ubuntu and Mageia got a developmental release while openSUSE and Arch announced their newest versions. The PCLinuxOS team released their "KDE FullMonty" update and a new Slackware derivative popped up on the scene.
pcworld.com: There seems to be no end in sight to the march of the tiny, sub-$100 Linux PCs arriving on the market this year, and recently two more contenders were added to the mix.