linuxuser.co.uk: If you can set up a Linux box with Apache, with a bit of fettling you can use eyeOS to create your own personalised cloud desktop. Michael Reed reviews eyeOS version 2.5…
This week in DistroWatch Weekly:
- Reviews: First look at VectorLinux 7.0
- News: Mandriva in bankruptcy threat, latest on Ubuntu-powered devices, CentOS on CR repository
- Sneak Peeks: The Razor-qt desktop environment
- Released last week: Gentoo Linux 12.0, Porteus 1.1, FreeNAS 8.0.3
- Upcoming releases: FreeBSD 9.0, PC-BSD 9.0, Linux Mint 12 RC (KDE)
Read more in this week's issue of DistroWatch Weekly....
gnuman.com: DreamLinux is a distribution that is based on Debian “Wheezy” and using the latest desktop version of XFCE 4.8 on a Linux 3.1 Kernel. DreamLinux has just released this latest version after a long absence and we will see if it can make up for lost time.
- Privacy distribution Tails updated to version 0.10
- OpenSUSE May Finally Pull In Plymouth
the451group.com: For 2012, I see continued growth, prevalence, innovation and impact from Linux, thus leading to a 2012 that is dominated by Linux.
linuxconfig.net: Until the release of Ubuntu 11.04, Gnome 2.x seemed to have become the standard desktop interface for Linux. It was the default for Ubuntu, Fedora and Linux Mint, three of the biggest distributions, and many others relied on it too. Then came 2011.
networkworld.com: When Ubuntu decided last year to abruptly replace the familiar Gnome UI with its own Unity interface, many users were upset. And according to the latest numbers from DistroWatch, Linux Mint has been the major beneficiary, so we decided to test Linux Mint 12.
phoronix.com: If you upgraded today to the just-released Linux 3.2 kernel and your Intel system is now having problems booting this new kernel release, you're not alone, but here's a possible workaround.