itworld.com: When I attend the Ohio LinuxFest this weekend, a recurring theme at the conference was what do we do with Linux now that we’ve won?
toolbox.com: The computing world is pretty much divided into three unequal slices of Π. The turtlenecked sweaters, two piece suits and the all sorts. I am of course referring to Apple, microsoft and Open Source
h-online.com: "Sidux is dead" - reads the latest news post on the Sidux web site. However, Sidux fans have no cause for despair because the Sidux Linux distribution is now reborn as aptosid.
This week in: DistroWatch Weekly:
- Reviews: Staring through the keyhole at KNOPPIX
- News: Mandriva's continued uncertainty, birth of OpenIndiana, Linux Mint "Debian" and aptosid, interview with OpenBSD's Marco Peereboom, North Korea's Red Star Linux
- Questions and answers: Java - Oracle versus Google
- Released last week: Linux Mint 201009 "Debian", Tiny Core Linux 3.1
- Upcoming releases: OpenBSD 4.8 pre-orders
- New additions: ArchBang Linux
- Reader comments
Read more in this week's issue of DistroWatch Weekly....
blogbeebe.blogspot: I had an interesting comment show up on one of my posts. The reader said, in part: "I know it has been a while since you ranted something on Linux..."
- The Linux Action Show! #s13e07 | Linux Mint Debian Review
- KDEMU – Sebastian Kügler
g33q.co.za: A Mint derivative where the main color is BLUE. Yes I know that it is less than a month before Ubuntu Maverick Meerkat arrives, and then Linux Mint will follow with their releases soon after, but Mint 9 KDE warrants special attention.
linuxondesktop.blogspot: If you thought Damn Small Linux or Puppy Linux are small, hold your breath. Tiny Core Linux is a minimalistic GNU/Linux distribution based on Linux kernel 2.6, it comes with graphical environment and provides facility to download and install applications from the Internet and it fits into 10MB of ISO file.
linuxbsdos.com: Linpus Lite 1.4 is the latest distribution that I am currently reviewing. While the review is in progress, I thought posting a few screenshots is in order.
toolbox.com/blogs: I am currently using, at this very moment, while I am typing, the latest completely updated version of Gentoo. I can surf the net, play movies and my window manager even has transparency.