lwn.net: The reports from the second day of discussions at the 2009 kernel summit will be a little slow in coming; getting them out more quickly would interfere with your editor's enjoyment of the conference dinner. In the mean time, though, here is the traditional group photo. View Here
theinquirer.net: LINUX VENDOR Red Hat hit a milestone yesterday when its share price rose above Microsoft's.
daniweb.com: My "10 Best Linux Distributions of 2009" list drew a bit of disdain from some of my readers, so I thought I'd make it up to them by posting a list of Linux distributions that they like to use. 3. Hannah Montana Linux.
desktoplinuxreviews.com: The very first review I wrote for Desktop Linux Reviews was Parsix Linux 2.0. Well I’m pleased to note that Parsix Linux 3.0 has just been released and I couldn’t resist doing a review of this update.
- No Linux Finger Pointing, Please
- What Hinders Popular Acceptance of the GNU/Linux Desktop
- Teeth-Gnashing and Tongue-Lashing Over Desktop Linux Foot-Shooting
reallylinux.com: The Problem with Linux is that it is forthright, open and honest. Now I know how much the editors here hate when I anthropomorphize an operating system, but it is fundamentally true.
localtechwire.com: Jim Whitehurst, chief executive officer of Raleigh-based Red Hat, is one of the speakers at the eighth annual Fuqua School of Business and Coach K Leadership Conference this week in Durham. Whitehurst recently talked with Kate Catlin of MMI Public Relations about Red Hat.
h-online.com: Between Thursday evening and Friday morning, Linus Torvalds released the fourth release candidate of Linux version 2.6.32, although, due to the typing error in the first release candidate (RC1 was mis-labeled RC2), it is called 2.6.32-rc5 instead of 2.6.32-rc4.
linuxjournal.com: Yesterday, I had a good friend ask me What is the best Linux distribution to familiarize myself with Linux? This was not someone who is unfamiliar with technology, or UNIX for that matter, but someone who is one of us, which made the question difficult to answer.
- Reviews: iMagic OS 2009.9
- News: The big release season, best 20 features of Mandriva 2010, Arch Linux Handbook, Gentoo in the media, Linux Mint 8 update, Kubuntu in downward spiral
- Released last week: OpenBSD 4.6, Parsix GNU/Linux 3.0, Puppy Linux 4.3.1
- Upcoming releases: CentOS 5.4, Fedora 12 Beta, Ubuntu 9.10 RC
- New distributions: Business Linux, JULinux, Slax Router
- Reader comments