- OS X apps run on Linux with Wine-like emulator for Mac software
- Open Source Code At Heart of Wall Street Programmer’s Bust
- Building the open source laptop: fantasy to reality
- using software.opensuse.org
- MEGABYTE PUNCH is now available on PC Mac and Linux
- Hacktivist Richard Stallman takes on proprietary software, SaaS and open source
- Qt5 on openSUSE (including experimental KF5 packages)
- SECRETS OF RÆTIKON to launch on PC, Mac and Linux
- Firefox 23 Adds Features, Security to Open-Source Browser
- 6 Games Set to Land On Steam for Linux Soon
- Unvanquished Alpha 18 Further Boosts Its Renderer
- Shadowrun Returns to get Linux port, Berlin campaign, and fixes
- Linux Gaming: A State Of Affairs
- Point and Click Adventure Sale
- Get Your '90s Groove On, Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
- A New Flight Simulator Game Is Flying To Linux
- A New Alien Arena Linux Game Is Coming Soon
- Don't Starve Adventure Game Gets New Characters on Steam
- Nintendo's Nuclear Option: Free Games for All
- Nvidia Shield: shipped, praised, critiqued, dissected
linuxaria.com: Open TTD is a wonderful new revamp open source expansion of the classic Transport Tycoon Deluxe and with a price tag of free, it’s a great, inexpensive, and fun way to waste your time.
tuxradar.com: If you’re like me, you sometimes end up pondering difficult questions in the pub like: why aren’t there enough space games where giant starship fleets get to pound the crap out of each other with futuristic weaponry? Fortunately, Cliff "Cliffski" Harris telepathically heard our cries and created Gratuitous Space Battles.
gamedev.net: Many companies are taking advantage of open source software, much in part to the increasing popularity of Linux. Open source has become a big buzzword, with many people not really understanding what it really is.
- The Grave Digger, It Looks Dead Good
- Fancy Skulls FPS Rougelike To Release This Summer
- The Raven - Legacy Of A Master Thief Released Today
- Retro Gaming Quake 2 in Linux with Yamagi Client (video)
computerandvideogames.com: Marketing agency Surprise Attack announced the launch of its new publishing label, Surprise Attack Games, alongside three newly signed games.
- Best Open Source Games
- Ultimate Linux gaming guide
- Toki Tori Officially On Steam For Linux
gamingonlinux.com: I had first heard about Psychonauts as an industry curiosity mentioned in a series of video lectures about the history and development of video gaming as an art form. Mentioned as a notable commercial flop for the industry, the lecturer nevertheless pointed it out as a model of good video game storytelling.
datamation.com: As we do every summer, we've pulled together our list of 101 of the "funnest" open source apps ever created. Of course, most of these are games, but there are also a few fun non-games at the end of the list.
- HOWTO Improve Your PC Gaming by 100% in 5 Minutes
- NOWHERE The Very Odd Indie Game Thats Hard To Understand
- Steam sale helping some games big time
- Grappling Hook is now lower in price
- Strike Suit Zero Linux Beta Could Start Today
- Steam for Linux Summer Sale – Day Two Discounts
- World Of Tanks On Linux...BoooooooM..!! (video)
- LindenLab Giving a Second Life to Desura
- Why Valve Is Working On LLDB Debugger For Linux
- Leadwerks brings native 3D game development to Linux
- All Half-Life 2 Games Are Now 75% Off for Linux
- Desktop Dungeons will come after a Unity upgrade
- Dota 2: Soon for Linux!
- Steam for Linux Officially Brings 64-bit Gaming Support
- Legacy OS 2 Gamer 2.1 Is a Distro for PCs Older than Their Owners
- Crytek need a Linux programmer for CryENGINE
thepowerbase.com: There are a lot of really cool open source devices out there, but there has always been one particular piece of hardware that we’ve wanted to cover, one device that really sums up in our mind the concept of community development: the Open Pandora.
biogamergirl.com: Nordic Games has announced the release of the first in-game trailer for The Raven – Legacy of Master of Thief Chapter 1. Players will be able to download the game on July 23rd for PC, Mac and Linux.
- An Interview and Preview with IndieCity on Linux
- Left 4 Dead 2 Is Now Free to Play
- Humble Weekly Sale Features All the Two Tribes Games in One Package
gamingonlinux.com: Another day another Natural Selection 2 Linux progress update! Yes it's real, it's coming and here's more info for you!
linuxfoundation.org: Online game developer and publisher Wargaming relies on Linux and open source software to produce and distribute its line of popular military strategy games, says Maksim Melnikau, a solution architect at Wargaming.