- Steam for Linux will launch in 2012
- Valve's Gabe Says "Yes" To Steam Linux This Year
zcint.co.uk: Over a hundred Linux gamers have signed a petition against the inclusion of non-native games in the popular Humble Bundle compilation in response to the appearance of LIMBO in the fifth such bundle.
also: The raw truth about Linux game ports
wolfire.com: Humble Bundle is proud to announce the launch of our latest pay what you want plus charity promotion: Humble Indie Bundle V!
phoronix.com: Here's one of the names that many Linux gamers and Phoronix readers should know for his past open-source work, who since the beginning of May has been employed by Valve Software for their Linux enablement efforts.
phoronix.com: There's another Kickstarter-backed game that may be coming to Linux and it's causing Linux gamers to become extremely excited.
tech-faq.com: Richard Stallman of the Free Software Foundation recently mused on the topic of non-free games on Linux, and unsurprisingly he rejects them, even though admitting that they “might encourage users of the games to replace Windows with GNU/Linux”.
linuxforu.com: As users of Linux, most of us are generally left bereft when it comes to games. However, in spite of such commercially viable (though non-FOSS friendly) policies of game manufacturers, Linux still has its own share of wonderful games, with the likes of Battle for Wesnoth topping the list.
- John Carmack: Linux Version Of QuakeLive Better, Rage Possible
- id's Rage Linux Port Not Actively Pursued
- Super Duper Game Bundle: Linux Tycoon and 2299
- Speed Dreams 2.0 Released with New Stuff
- Interview with Clive Crous from Linux Game Publishing
- A Special Linux Delivery At Valve Software
- Legends of Eisenwald may come to Linux
phoronix.com: For those that have doubted the exclusive Phoronix claims for quite a while now that the Steam client and Source Engine are in fact being ported to Linux, the doubts can be nearly laid to rest.
phoronix.com: Confirmed yesterday was a new version of a popular but proprietary game engine that will work on Linux with its next release.