pastemagazine.com: If I were to wander through your house while you were out and thumbed through your mail, your medicine cabinet, your closet or your night stand, what story would unfold? What would the notes, the books and the keepsakes scattered throughout say about you, your values, your fears and desires? Gone Home puts us in the shoes of Kaitlyn Greenbriar, a recent high school graduate who returns to her parents’ home after a year long trek through Europe to find the house empty.
polygon.com: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, the oft-delayed survival horror title from The Chinese Room, will be available Sept. 10, the studio announced today.
softpedia.com: The original Half-Life game, the one launched all the way back in 1998 and recently ported on the Linux platform, has just received a major update.
- New Humble Bundle to be a breakout hit
- Mac and Linux versions of Strike Suit Zero available now
- Natural Selection 2 Developers Aim For A September Linux Release
- GSoC 2013 pushes SuperTuxKart forward
- Electronic Super Joy Gets Linux Early Access
- OS X apps run on Linux with Wine-like emulator for Mac software
- Open Source Code At Heart of Wall Street Programmer’s Bust
- Building the open source laptop: fantasy to reality
- using software.opensuse.org
- MEGABYTE PUNCH is now available on PC Mac and Linux
- Hacktivist Richard Stallman takes on proprietary software, SaaS and open source
- Qt5 on openSUSE (including experimental KF5 packages)
- SECRETS OF RÆTIKON to launch on PC, Mac and Linux
- Firefox 23 Adds Features, Security to Open-Source Browser
- 6 Games Set to Land On Steam for Linux Soon
- Unvanquished Alpha 18 Further Boosts Its Renderer
- Shadowrun Returns to get Linux port, Berlin campaign, and fixes
- Linux Gaming: A State Of Affairs
- Point and Click Adventure Sale
- Get Your '90s Groove On, Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
- A New Flight Simulator Game Is Flying To Linux
- A New Alien Arena Linux Game Is Coming Soon
- Don't Starve Adventure Game Gets New Characters on Steam
- Nintendo's Nuclear Option: Free Games for All
- Nvidia Shield: shipped, praised, critiqued, dissected
linuxaria.com: Open TTD is a wonderful new revamp open source expansion of the classic Transport Tycoon Deluxe and with a price tag of free, it’s a great, inexpensive, and fun way to waste your time.
tuxradar.com: If you’re like me, you sometimes end up pondering difficult questions in the pub like: why aren’t there enough space games where giant starship fleets get to pound the crap out of each other with futuristic weaponry? Fortunately, Cliff "Cliffski" Harris telepathically heard our cries and created Gratuitous Space Battles.
gamedev.net: Many companies are taking advantage of open source software, much in part to the increasing popularity of Linux. Open source has become a big buzzword, with many people not really understanding what it really is.