- GOG.com Might Get Linux Support, Says Job Offering
- UNIGINE Is Probably the Most Powerful Gaming Engine on Linux
- AudioCd. Week 7.
- Graphic Artist uses GIMP to Visualize KSR’s Red Mars
- Script Roundup: Move, Hardtime
- GIMP "Goat Invasion" Builds
- Use MySQL Utilities for better MySQL administration
- Sir, You Are Being Hunted Early Access
- Project Night A Third Person Survival Horror Game
- Basic Usability Testing at Home - notes from the workshop at Akademy 2013
- Creating a Cartoon Avatar with inkscape
- XPRA: Persistent Remote Applications On X
- Race the Sun Casts Light Upon Windows, Mac, Linux
- digiKam Recipes 3.15.01 Released
- LibreOffice Impress remote control via Android
- How NOT to organize a FOSS workshop
- Power Of Linux sed Command
- AppData Proposal, a.k.a. How to make your application appear in the software center
- Why Football Manager is playable on Linux, but not Windows RT
- 5 Useful Linux Command Line tricks For Beginners
- Estranged Is a Bizarre and Interesting Half-Life 2 Mod with Linux Support
- Full Circle Magazine – Inkscape Special Edition Volume 02
- Pipelight: A Way To Get Netflix On Linux
pastemagazine.com: If I were to wander through your house while you were out and thumbed through your mail, your medicine cabinet, your closet or your night stand, what story would unfold? What would the notes, the books and the keepsakes scattered throughout say about you, your values, your fears and desires? Gone Home puts us in the shoes of Kaitlyn Greenbriar, a recent high school graduate who returns to her parents’ home after a year long trek through Europe to find the house empty.
polygon.com: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, the oft-delayed survival horror title from The Chinese Room, will be available Sept. 10, the studio announced today.
softpedia.com: The original Half-Life game, the one launched all the way back in 1998 and recently ported on the Linux platform, has just received a major update.
- New Humble Bundle to be a breakout hit
- Mac and Linux versions of Strike Suit Zero available now
- Natural Selection 2 Developers Aim For A September Linux Release
- GSoC 2013 pushes SuperTuxKart forward
- Electronic Super Joy Gets Linux Early Access
- OS X apps run on Linux with Wine-like emulator for Mac software
- Open Source Code At Heart of Wall Street Programmer’s Bust
- Building the open source laptop: fantasy to reality
- using software.opensuse.org
- MEGABYTE PUNCH is now available on PC Mac and Linux
- Hacktivist Richard Stallman takes on proprietary software, SaaS and open source
- Qt5 on openSUSE (including experimental KF5 packages)
- SECRETS OF RÆTIKON to launch on PC, Mac and Linux
- Firefox 23 Adds Features, Security to Open-Source Browser
- 6 Games Set to Land On Steam for Linux Soon
- Unvanquished Alpha 18 Further Boosts Its Renderer
- Shadowrun Returns to get Linux port, Berlin campaign, and fixes
- Linux Gaming: A State Of Affairs
- Point and Click Adventure Sale
- Get Your '90s Groove On, Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
- A New Flight Simulator Game Is Flying To Linux
- A New Alien Arena Linux Game Is Coming Soon
- Don't Starve Adventure Game Gets New Characters on Steam
- Nintendo's Nuclear Option: Free Games for All
- Nvidia Shield: shipped, praised, critiqued, dissected
linuxaria.com: Open TTD is a wonderful new revamp open source expansion of the classic Transport Tycoon Deluxe and with a price tag of free, it’s a great, inexpensive, and fun way to waste your time.
tuxradar.com: If you’re like me, you sometimes end up pondering difficult questions in the pub like: why aren’t there enough space games where giant starship fleets get to pound the crap out of each other with futuristic weaponry? Fortunately, Cliff "Cliffski" Harris telepathically heard our cries and created Gratuitous Space Battles.
gamedev.net: Many companies are taking advantage of open source software, much in part to the increasing popularity of Linux. Open source has become a big buzzword, with many people not really understanding what it really is.
- The Grave Digger, It Looks Dead Good
- Fancy Skulls FPS Rougelike To Release This Summer
- The Raven - Legacy Of A Master Thief Released Today
- Retro Gaming Quake 2 in Linux with Yamagi Client (video)
computerandvideogames.com: Marketing agency Surprise Attack announced the launch of its new publishing label, Surprise Attack Games, alongside three newly signed games.
- Best Open Source Games
- Ultimate Linux gaming guide
- Toki Tori Officially On Steam For Linux
gamingonlinux.com: I had first heard about Psychonauts as an industry curiosity mentioned in a series of video lectures about the history and development of video gaming as an art form. Mentioned as a notable commercial flop for the industry, the lecturer nevertheless pointed it out as a model of good video game storytelling.
datamation.com: As we do every summer, we've pulled together our list of 101 of the "funnest" open source apps ever created. Of course, most of these are games, but there are also a few fun non-games at the end of the list.
- HOWTO Improve Your PC Gaming by 100% in 5 Minutes
- NOWHERE The Very Odd Indie Game Thats Hard To Understand
- Steam sale helping some games big time
- Grappling Hook is now lower in price
- Strike Suit Zero Linux Beta Could Start Today
- Steam for Linux Summer Sale – Day Two Discounts
- World Of Tanks On Linux...BoooooooM..!! (video)
- LindenLab Giving a Second Life to Desura
- Why Valve Is Working On LLDB Debugger For Linux
- Leadwerks brings native 3D game development to Linux
- All Half-Life 2 Games Are Now 75% Off for Linux
- Desktop Dungeons will come after a Unity upgrade
- Dota 2: Soon for Linux!
- Steam for Linux Officially Brings 64-bit Gaming Support
- Legacy OS 2 Gamer 2.1 Is a Distro for PCs Older than Their Owners
- Crytek need a Linux programmer for CryENGINE