dedoimedo.com: Free Mega Games Pack (FreeMGP) Vol. 1 for Linux is an endeavor by LastOS team at cyvoc.net to create a free mega compilation of open-source and freeware games with light system requirements.
linuxuser.co.uk: Could this be the first truly viable Linux-based PC gaming OS? Russell Barnes takes Game Drift for a spin…
- The 25 Most Brutal Deaths in PC Gaming
- FlightGear 2.4 Released with Exciting New Features
- Conquest Of Elysium 3 Is Coming To GNU/Linux!
ubuntuvibes.com: Indie First Person Adventure Game Dead Cyborg Episode 1 is out now for Linux. Windows version was released few days back and has received quite good reviews all over the web.
techrepublic.com: Marco Fioretti has helped out a group of older users by introducing them to computer games that particularly appeal to them — and to the idea of FOSS, even if they don’t realize it.
eff.org: By now, we’ve all heard the traditional content industries complain about how technology hurts their business model. But, of course, the story does not end there. While the record labels, movie studios, and video game producers have not figured out a way to compete with free, others have.
Also: Linux Users Continue To Spend More On Humble Indie Bundle
- Ryan Gordon Criticizes Open-Source Drivers Again
- Open Source in Humble Indie Bundle #3: Haaf's Game Engine (HGE)
- Bullet Candy For GNU/Linux Released
- Helena the 3rd Demo
- Unique 2D game ‘In The Dark’ Seeks Kickstarter Funds
wolfire.com: This is a guest post from Ryan Gordon, announcing the release of Haaf's Game Engine (HGE) for Mac and Linux. HGE is the 2d engine that powers games such as Hammerfight.
Also: Cubosphere: First Beta Available
phoronix.com: Linux Game Publishing, the UK-based company that's ported a number of game clients to Linux but last year had a pretty quiet time (nearly going the way of Loki Software) after their only server went kaput and was offline for months. Earlier this year, LGP said they were working on a new Linux game port, but they failed to comment further.
- Doom 3 Source-Code To Be Released This Year
- id Software's Rage May Not Be Coming To Linux Soon
- Forget Duke Nuke ‘Em. Look at THIS
- Some random FPS engine news