ubuntuvibes.com: Indie game studio Broken Rules recently previewed their upcoming Linux game Chasing Aurora in PAX Prime 2011. Broken Rules' earlier award winning physics based game 'And Yet it Moves' was part of Humble Indie Bundle 3.
ubuntuvibes.com: Remember few days back we wrote about a new Linux game, No Time to Explain (NTTE). The game developers have uploaded their own game on Pirate Bay and strangely enough it has increased game sales.
- Bobby - Wage War on the Green Balls
- Official NASA Futuristic Space MMO May Come to Linux
- Interview with Jonathan Prior of Gameolith.com
- Frictional Update
- Sakura River Games
linuxjournal.com: I've been working with Blender 3-D for several years now, but I started playing with the game engine only recently. I've had a lot of fun with it, and I'm sure you will as well. With the Blender Game Engine (BGE), you can create 3-D games using the keyboard or mouse as controllers.
phoronix.com: It was a year and a half ago that Nexuiz was forked into Xonotic following some changes by core Nexuiz developers that effectively sold off the Nexuiz brand in order for an Xbox 360 re-make.
itreviews.co.uk: The GNU/Linux platform as an alternative to Windows is gaining ground, but there's one area in which the open-source operating system trails its proprietary equivalent: gaming. One new distribution, Game Drift Linux, looks to change all that.
phoronix.com: Nemesys, a game studio run out of Budapest, is porting their game titles to Linux. The studio's current titles include Fortix 2, A.C.S, and Ignite. Nemesys Ignite, in particular, is a very promising racing game that will surely roar things up for Linux.
phoronix.com: FreeBSD provides a Linux binary compatibility layer that allows 32-bit Linux binaries to be natively executed on this BSD operating system. Linux binary compatibility on FreeBSD allows Linux-only applications to be executed in a near seamless manner, even for games.
- Germany Lifts ‘Doom’ Ban After 17 Years – Toast Demons To Celebrate
- Gametype-Revolution 0.70
- 5 Roguelike games
- Unity GNU/Linux Exporter Update
- Salem : New Crafting MMO for Linux Previewed at Gamescom 2011
- Dungeons of Dredmor still coming to Linux!
- Mari0 : Super Mario Bros. with a Portal Gu
- Tetris Meets Physics In This Crazy New Version
- Spirited Heart Girl’s Love Is Out
- The Real Texas Coming Soon To GNU/Linux
- 'Blocks That Matter' Wins $40,000 in Dream.Build.Play 2011 Competition
- Sintel - The Game
- Another Studio Is Working On A Unigine-Based Game
- Pax Britannica