- Open Source Code Quality On Par with Proprietary (pr)
- US Government Announces Open Source App Contest
- New Hampshire Legislature Passes Open-Source Software Bill
- Open Sourcers Drop Software Religion for Common Sense
- Time to dispel open source myths, says Liam Maxwell
- Weapons of mass open source destruction
i-programmer.info: The Free Software Foundation (FSF) is an organization that I usually support enthusiastically, but its latest suggestion is more doubtful. See what you think.
mjg59.dreamwidth.org: Matthew Aslett wrote about how the proportion of projects released under GPL-like licenses appears to be declining, at least as far as various sets of figures go. But what does that actually mean?
linuxinsider.com: WebOS was "a beautiful thing when HP demonstrated it -- HP just failed to get the world excited about it. "I hope that freeing the source code will have the desired effect. WebOS is too good a thing to lose."
- FLOSS Weekly 200
- Linux Outlaws 248 - Rantastic
- Linux Crazy Podcast 95 Gentoo LiveDVD 12.0
- Awesome Window Manager | LAS | s20e04
sfconservancy.org: After all these years of speaking about, writing about, and doing GPL enforcement, I'm occasionally surprised at how much confusion still exists about how and why it's done.
h-online.com: What does it take to open up a proprietary application and make it a successful open source project? To answer this, Glyn Moody takes a look at some prominent successes and failures and identifies the best practices.