perens.com/blog: What would we need to implement a level playing field for Open Source and proprietary software to compete fairly?
h-online.com: If the first era of free software was about the creation of the fully-rounded GNU/Linux operating system, the second saw a generation of key enterprise applications being written to run on that foundation.
itworld.com: Design and themes have been a key part of the Linux buy-in for as long as I can remember. In fact, once upon a time, the look and feel of application was actually used as its primary selling point to me.
- Open Source Gets Political
- 2010 Open Source Business Conference – Day Two
- Open Source Business Models Going to the Core
- Open source makes another move on Wall Street
- Open-source innovation: A matter of price?
- Why Open Source and Operations Matter in Cloud Computing
- Open Source Business Model Still Relies on Closed Source
not403.blogspot: OpenSSO is one of the best (if it isn't the best one) open source web Single Sign On projects out there. It's sad to see Oracle shutting down this amazing open source project. But here it comes the awesomeness of the open source community:
blogs.the451group: In preparation for my presentation at OSBC tomorrow I’ve been looking back at some of the key trends that influenced the commercial open source landscape in 2009. One of those is the decline in the use of the GNU GPL as a proportion of all open source projects.
- Goodbye Novell | The Linux Action Show! s11
- SFLS - Episode 0x23: Public Domain
- Going Linux: Mar 15: #095 - Linux Docks & Using Ubuntu
theaustralian.com.au: OPEN source software is seen by some as akin to religion. However, Ingres chief executive Roger Burkhardt insists he is not on a crusade to convert the Microsoft and Oracle faithful.
thehindu.com: Open source technologies are making significant inroads in governments around the world, avers Gopi Ganapathy, President & CEO, Essentia, US. This is as a result of open source providing significant benefits such as low cost, flexibility of use and modification, lack of vendor lock-in, and most important of all the ability to create drive a vibrant local economy.