- Windows Legacy Apps vs. Linux Desktop Adopters?
- Avoid the tool trap when building communities
- An Open Source Toolkit for Your Small Business
zdnet.com: It’s really quite clever. Tie Google up in court, sign a deal with Apple to coordinate development of Java, and ignore the open source community.
- Aerodynamic Elephants and Free Software Without Freedom
- It's not Apache vs. Oracle; it's Oracle vs. open source
- Open core licensing is free software’s evil twin
- Geeknet Joins Open Invention Network as Licensee
- Which came first, the customer or the community?
- PyPy Joins the Software Freedom Conservancy
- Open Source Ohio: Bringing FOSS and Business Together
- Linux open source drivers for Xbox Kinect released
crn.in: Linux and open source technologies have started gaining acceptance and momentum with a host of technologies associated with FOSS having reached levels of maturity that are comparable with the best the proprietary software world has to offer.
opensource.com: Yesterday, U.S. President Barack Obama addressed members of the Indian parliament and announced a U.S.-India Open Government Dialogue.
h-online.com: A remarkable continuity underlies free software, going all the way back to Richard Stallman's first programs for his new GNU project. And yet within that continuity, there have been major shifts: are we due for another such leap?
geekzone.co.nz: This evening the NZ Open Source Awards 2010 celebrated and rewarded the best and most innovative in New Zealand’s open source software at a gala event attended by more than 200 people at the Intercontinental Wellington.
blogs.computerworlduk: I just read a press release announcing a Linux alternative to Microsoft’s Multipoint server. Basically the concept is that up to ten PCs can USB-into the server and act as plug and play thin-clients.
delimiter.com.au: Telstra could be about to receive an avalanche of complaints from the global open source software community, after a local developer accused the company over the weekend of violating the terms of the popular GNU General Public License.
earthweb.com: The Drupal content management system (CMS) is one of the most successful open source projects on the Internet today, thanks in no small part to its community.