linuxsecurity.com: The goal of this document is to kick in the new year with some best practices for SSH: why you should use them, how to set them up, and how to verify that they are in place.
- Learn to use a serial console on Linux
- HowTo: Install VMWare Workstation on Fedora 8
- XFS Filesystem performance tweaking on Linux
- Configure Pinnacle PCTV Card
- Double your broadband speed for free
- Linux sudo tip : Creating a new super user with admin rights in Linux
- Five Steps to Install KDE 4.0 in Ubuntu 7.10
raiden's realm: Welcome to part 2 of our short series on exploring the /bin directory. Today we'll be looking at another set of tools that are useful to you, including the ever well known and commonly used pwd.
- linux commands
- Linux : Using loop devices (eg : mounting an ISO file)
- Verify DNS records with Dlint
- Short Tip: Start an application in a foreign language
kmandla.wordpress: If I understand the Mozilla help pages correctly, Firefox ignores your GTK settings for font size, preferring instead to calculate the appropriate sizes against the dimensions given in your xorg.conf file.
kdubois.net: Most linux users know about the root directory, but many of the folders contained in / are a mystery as to their purpose. I hope this article will better prepare you better for managing your linux system, no matter what you use it for.
martin.ankerl.com: I have just discovered that ext3 defaults to reserving 5% of its partition exclusively for root, as a precaution measure that your system does not get FUBAR when you use it for your root partition. Thankfully this is easy to fix:
- Howto: GnuPG
- How to Change your Computer Name in (K)Ubuntu
- Taking a Look At Expect on Linux and Unix
- HowTo install memcached from sources on Linux
- Set up wireless broadband access with YaST
- Stop Ubuntu / Debian Linux From Deleting /tmp Files on Boot
- Don’t Let GNOME’s Text Editor Leave Hidden Files
- How To Redesign Your GNOME Desktop The ‘WOW’ Way
- Securing OpenSSH Server [Part 1]
- How to Recover from a Linux Hang
- How To Increase The Speed Of Your Firefox Browser
- Ubuntu Howto: How To Bypass The Trash And Delete A File Completely
- Monitor a MySQL Server with mytop
- How to make Jabber calls using Jabbin
- GPRS in Debian GNU/Linux with mobile phone Siemens ME45
- Using GNU screen's multiuser feature for remote support
- Using Shred to Wipe Hard Drives - DoD Uses It - You Should Too!
- Simple Linux and Unix Password Cracker Shell Script
- Use virtual keyboards to support international Linux systems