This document describes how to set up a Fedora desktop - including how to enable special mouse buttons, improve laptop support (depending on your model), set up printers (especially HP) and the usage of Compiz Fusion.
blogbeebe.blogspot: I've complained repeatedly that K3b supplied via Ubuntu 7.10's repositories can't rip DVDs on Ubuntu 7.10. After repeated attempts to find a solution on forums and via Google, I solved my problem the old fashioned way; I downloaded the source to K3b 1.0.4 and built it myself.
ubuntu1501.com: Evolution is the official personal information manager and workgroup information management tool for GNOME. It combines e-mail, calendar, address book, and task list management functions. If you find you need help setting up Evolution with your Gmail account, this guide will get you setup in less than five minutes.
nixcraft: Many new users find it difficult to compiling programs in Linux. Usually following steps are involved:
fosswire.com: What I am going to attempt to give you today is an ultra quick start guide to editing files in Vim. Let me reiterate that - I’m going to go over the most basic concepts really quickly.
- Antivirus Programs For Ubuntu
- Sun Java on Fedora 8 Install HowTo
- Saving Power on Intel Hardware Using Powertop
- Howto Add entries in GNOME Menu
- Chikka on Kopete Messenger Howto
- HowTo - Batch Image Resize on Linux
- Reboot Linux box after a kernel panic
- Quick Tip: Configuring Menu Transparency in Compiz Fusion
- FreeSoftware Magazine: Tips and Tricks
- HOWTO: Install a basic Gentoo server
- Rocover your Grub boot loader
- Howto: Build a functional Lowarch system
- My Ubuntu Setup - Part One - Config Files
- OOo: Using the Standard Filter
- Howto: Convert a K6-2 into a C64
Carla Schroder: In part 1 of this series we learned how to format USB storage devices for maximum portability, and in part 2 we learned a simple, efficient way to use the excellent rsync command for easy single-user backups. Today we're going to create menu icons for launching our backups.
Debian Administration: User management and the related cryptographic authentication infrastructure is a major hurdle in deploying scalable, manageable VPNs (Virtual Private Networks). Two major pieces of FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) for VPNs are OpenSWAN and OpenVPN.