d0od.blogspot: Display album art (and lyrics!) for your playing tracks right on your desktop! Installation is simple, and I'll guide you through making a launcher for it too!
dedoimedo.com: No matter which operating system you want to have installed on your machine, there's one thing they all have in common: partitions. Being able to control the partitions is one of the most basic, most important aspects of mastering your operating system.
- Manually Adding Screensavers To gnome-screensaver
- Commandline 101: su and sudo
- Find the longest line in a file
- Make Google Earth Use Your GTK Theme!
- Linux Migration for the Home PC User, Part 7
- Cipher benchmark for dm-crypt / LUKS
In my previous guide about how to set up Enomalism2 on Ubuntu 8.10 I concentrated on just one KVM host. This tutorial is an extension to that article in that it shows how to add further Ubuntu 8.10 KVM hosts to the setup that can then be managed from one single control panel.
- How to convert flv to dvd iso image
- KVM & Virtual Machine Manager in Foresight
- Upgrade or Reinstall? How do you move from Intrepid to Jaunty?
- How to repair all MySQL databases on a server in one go
- How do I get a list of installed packages in Gentoo?
- Python value swap
- HOWTO: Ubuntu - Fingerprint Scanners
- Using Dropbox on Slackware
- Change the Speed of Mousewheel Scrolling in Firefox
- How to remotely access your MySQL in a secure manner
- Changing Priority on Linux Processes
- Upgrade kernel using urpmi in Mandriva
- Compile latest GIMP source (developer version) for Ubuntu 9.04
praveenweb.blogspot: Here are some linux commands that you would surely need to know..if you are a linux user..
- Eva's useful guide to Ubuntu 9.04
- Linux Migration for the Home PC User, Part 6
- Download Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty Jackalope" Faster
- Anatomy of Linux Dynamic Libraries
- Dropbox on openSUSE 11.1
- Keeping the beast Pulseaudio at bay
- 10 ways of resetting a lost linux root password
- Virtualisation made easy
- How to Cure a Windows Virus with Linux
- How to install BackTrack 3 or 4 to hard drive
- Linux Partition Recovery - Tips & Tricks
- Pain Free Backups With GRsync and Gnome Schedule
- Slow Down Firefox Scrolling Speed
- Getting a Domain Name on a Dynamic Address with NoIP
- Send SMS alerts when emerge completes
- The Bash declare Statement
- Nautilus Compact View quick fix
maketecheasier.com: I did mention that the new filesystem - ext4 is stable, fast and backward compatible with ext2 and ext3. Today, we will look at how you can upgrade your existing ext3 filesystem to ext4 without reformating your hard disk.
- RedHat / CentOS Install and Configure Cacti Network Graphing Tool
- Linux Migration for the Home PC User, Part 5
- Stream YouTube videos directly to your media player
- Creating A Custom Slide Show Screensaver
- Why does Firefox start in offline mode?
- Removing Internet Junks using privoxy
- Send email with attachment from linux command line using UUENCODE
- Install OpenVZ on CentOS to create a virtual container
- PyMOTW: multiprocessing, part 1
- Play Guild Wars on Ubuntu 9.04
This short article explains how you can move/convert a Xen guest that uses disk images to LVM volumes. Virtual machines that use disk images are very slow and heavy on disk IO, therefore it is often better to use LVM.