This tutorial shows how you can set up an Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex) desktop that is a full-fledged replacement for a Windows desktop, i.e. that has all the software that people need to do the things they do on their Windows desktops.
- Speed Up Linux Hard Drives by Disabling Atime
- Installing Ubuntu 8.10 To A USB Flash Drive
- Blender 2.46 Tutorial - Boning
- Graphical Remote Control Desktops for Linux, part 2
- Enable Apple iSight Camera : Ubuntu 8.10
- TimeVault simplifies data backup for Ubuntu users
- Simplify GRUB tweaks with Startup Manager
- Using the zoom to view 2+ pages in the editable view, in OOo
dedoimedo.com: This article introduces a pair of excellent, free imaging software solutions that you can use to backup your complete systems.
- using KVM on Mandriva 2009.0
- Half Life & Condition Zero on openSUSE 11.0
- NDISwrapper in Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex
- Find the correct number of entries in a directory
- Detect if daemon is really running
techradar.com: Have you been clinging to KDE 3.5 like a polar bear to the last Arctic ice shelf? If so, now's a good time to consider jumping on to the mainland. The recently released KDE 4.1 is a vast improvement over the original.
This tutorial shows how to set up an Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex (Ubuntu 8.10) server that offers all services needed by ISPs and hosters: Apache web server (SSL-capable), Postfix mail server with SMTP-AUTH and TLS, BIND DNS server, Proftpd FTP server, MySQL server, Courier POP3/IMAP, Quota, Firewall, etc.
- How to Integrate windows Active Directory and Samba in Ubuntu
- Best practice tips for Gentoo sysadmins
- How-To: Setting up BGP on Vyatta
- How to use KDB in the openSUSE installation system
- Install Puppy Linux in Ubuntu
- Create avatars with MeMaker in Ubuntu
- Fun with Linux Commands-III - Being productive
- Ubuntu 8.10 Install using the built in USB Installer
- The Linux Support Call HOWNOTTO
Today the new Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex) has been released. This guide shows how you can upgrade your Ubuntu 8.04 desktop and server installations to Ubuntu 8.10.
- How to install KDE 4.1 on Ubuntu 8.10
- Controlling fanspeeds in Linux on PWM motherboards, Thinkpads and ASUS Eee PC
- How to properly start compiz in Gnome
- Restoring Data from rdiff-backup
- Create a LAN for Virtual Servers with KVM and VDE
- Installing Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer in openSUSE with Crossover
- Free Memory by dropping caches
- Using Calc to manage schedules
- Transparent compression of files on optical media
- How To Easily Add A Custom Search Engine To Your Firefox Search Bar