- HowTo Beautifulize the Boot Screen with Grub-GFXBoot
- sysvconfig - utility for configuring init script links
- How to install Postal 2 Fudge pack on Debian/Ubuntu
- Listen Internet Shoutcast and Icecast Radio With BMPx Media Player
- How to connect to Reliance Internet in Linux using RIM LG / Nokia / Samsung CDMA mobile phone and USB data card/stick ?
- PyTube: Download and Convert YouTube Videos to Various Formats
tectonic: If you’re eagerly awaiting the release of KDE 4.0 on January 11 and you’re running Ubuntu then get a taste of the next big thing by installing KDE 4.0 release candidate 2 in three easy steps.
- Video: Mark Cox, episode 3. Tips for a secure system
- Setting up Compiz/Fusion on Ubuntu Linux
- Secure Our Server Part 1: Firewalls
- How to run Safari in Linux using Wine
- Make Debian/Ubuntu look like Windows
- Linux Optimize Directories ( File Access Time ) in ext3 Filesystem
- Stop Wine From Beating Your Windows Apps With The Ugly Stick
- How To: Editing HD Video in Linux
- Using and Understanding the Unix Date Command
- Sorting Photos
- Graphical disk usage with Baobab
- HowTo install Avant Window Navigator (AWN) in Ubuntu 7.10
- Nmap for Beginners - Network & Port Scanning made easy
forum.mandriva.com: I had a somewhat difficult time getting Mandriva 2008 to work on my HP dv6113us, and given the lack of posts regarding this particular laptop series (despite its popularity), I figured I'd document what steps I took to get a FULLY FUNCTIONING Mandriva install.
dedoimedo.com: If you are a beginner Linux user looking for a simple, friendly distribution, you might want to look at Linux Mint. In this article, I'll demonstrate the classic GUI installation, but also a few things more. It should not be boring.
- Easy and safe bash history searches
- Copy Set of Files to All Users Home Directory
- Speeding up Ubuntu installations
- Nautilus-Flac-Converter: Convert Flac to Ogg from Nautilus
LinuxPlanet: Last week we made a music CD from a live digital recording the easy and simple way. Today we're going to fix volume levels and do graceful fades and transitions using Audacity and normalize.
linux.com: Joomla! is a well-known content management system, mature enough to be used by thousands of amateur and professional Web portals. Installation is a breeze and consists of six click-next steps. However, a default Joomla! installation is not necessarily a secure one, so let's see how we can protect our portal from potential attackers.
- personal Ubuntu speed up tweak guide
- How to find your UUID’s for devices in Ubuntu
- FTP Server setup with TLS (Transport Layer Security) on Debian
- Setting the default fonts for OpenOffice Writer
- Tips for successful Kernel Recompilation in Linux
- Bullet proof your server #2 - SSH
- ISO Master: CD Image Editor for Linux
- Howto Setup iTunes-compatible Media server in Ubuntu