matt hartley: So you just downloaded Flock, fell in love with it and believe this is the browser for you. Previously, you already installed all the preferred plugins for Firefox, yet Flock does not see them on Ubuntu?
Also: Simple Firefox optimizations that really matter
And: Mozilla Firefox 188.8.131.52 Now Available
Linux Planet: Everyone knows they should make regular backups of their data. But hardly anyone is as diligent with backups as they should be. So in this two-part series we're going to learn some nice simple methods for making regular backups on single PCs or small networks.
- Simplify backups with Synbak
- Setup your own apache server to host your weblog free
- How to remove blank lines and comments from a file
- Back up and print your blog with OpenOffice.org Base
- Ubuntu Linux Restore admin / root level permissions
- Rewriting email headers in exim
junauza.blogspot.com: I will list some indispensable commands and keyboard shortcuts with their corresponding functions to guide the fearful in their journey to conquer the horror of using the Linux terminal.
freesoftwaremagazine.com: While Writer allows you to create an advanced book template that consists of a master document and a number of subdocuments, there are situations where using a simpler, one-file template makes more sense. The main advantage of a one-file book template is that it helps you to work around two major problems in Writer.
OpenOffice.org Tips: Labels don't always match up perfectly, especially those little return address labels. What can you do, besides prayer and fasting, and wasting labels?
- Apache authentication and authorization using LDAP
- Howto Have Grub Like SUSE on Ubuntu
- Installing C#/Mono(.NET)/MonoDevelop/XSP in Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon(7.10)
- Read This If You Can't Access Some Websites From Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon
- Firefox fonts in Debian Lenny
- CentOS / Red Hat Linux: Install and manage iSCSI Volume
- How to Describe a Command in Linux
- Restore-Points in Gentoo Linux
linux.com: Over time, a filesystem accumulates a lot of useless items. FSlint is a nifty little tool that helps you clean your filesystem by pointing out junk in the form of empty directories, corrupt symlinks, files with bad names, duplicate and temp files, and more.
Do you want to give your desktop a dash of Mac OS X? The goal of this project is to bring the look and feel of Mac OS X (latest being 10.5, Leopard) to *nix GTK based systems. This document will present the procedure to install Mac4Lin pack & tweak certain things to get that almost perfect Mac OS X like desktop.