tombuntu.com: When you customized your Ubuntu desktop to replace the brown theme, you may have overlooked the login window. GNOME’s login window, called GDM (GNOME Display Manager), can be easily customized by installing themes.
raiden's realm: Ever had something you wanted to leave running on your system, but needed to have it automatically shutdown at a certain time, yet it has no ability to do that on its own? Enter the "auto kill" trick.
- How to Start KControl on Kubuntu
- Enterprise streaming media? Sure, and on virtual Linux systems!
- Make Your Own Passport Size Photos (using GIMP)
- Adding A Dynamic Desktop To Your Ubuntu
- TPT(Tiny Python Tip): Python for Bash Scripters
- Quick Tip: Transparent Terminal in Gnome Background
- Starting programs automatically at startup in Gnome
- Bullet proof your server #1 - Apache
- How to change the background color of your screen in Ubuntu
- Mount ISO Image File (.ISO) with Gmount-iso
- From dual boot to virtual machine with Ubuntu and Windows
- Essential Command Line Apps For Common Tasks
- Get the Correct 60Hz Refresh Rate with nVidia Driver on LCDs
- Prevent Ubuntu asking for the CD to install packages
- ThinkPad X61 Tablet and Ubuntu Hardy Heron
- Top Tech of 2007: Ubuntu Linux
- 2008: The Year that MS Loses the Notebook Wars?
- GnuPG Celebrates 10 Years
- The migration of a fussy Windows user to Linux
- Linus Torvalds: Linux Put Open-Source in the Spotlight
- Oxygen Cursors in Action!
- Howto Setup iTunes-compatible Media server in Ubuntu
- Installing Django with PostgreSQL on Ubuntu
- Ubuntu on Notebooks : Temperature Monitoring and Power Managing
- A visual GRUB configuration editor
- How to Play Half-Life 2 on Ubuntu
- Console Framebuffer in Ubuntu
- mytop: a top clone for MySQL
readthisaloud.wordpress: Ok, this time I’ll show you how to make one of these bad boys, an animated banner logo. The first one is actually a bit trickier as it involves a lot more layers than the other one, but I’ll explain that later.
- Use Apt-mirror to Create Your Own Ubuntu Mirror
- Lynis - Security and system auditing tool
- Change the Console Codepage in Ubuntu
- Routing with Ubuntu
- AWN installation in ubuntu gutsy gibbon
- Setup Hamachi on Fedora 8
- How to Share a single keyboard, mouse, and clipboard between Windows and UNIX machines
- HOWTO set up NUT 2.2.0 on Gentoo Linux for Tripp Lite OMNI1000LCD USB UPS