linux.com: Tools like phpMyEdit allow you to create a quick-and-dirty front end to a database, but what if you need to publish a spreadsheet or BibTeX file on your Web site and give your visitors the ability to dynamically sort, filter, group, and visualize the published data? For that, you can turn to SIMILE Exhibit.
Technoworld: There are many ways to create fire text, but believe me, no other text is looking that cool and real as this one Of course it maybe a lil' more effort to get it. I will show you how to create such a hot flames text with GIMP.
arstechnica: When I make a new GTK theme, I usually start with an existing theme that I like and then refine it over the course of several weeks until I no longer feel compelled to make additional changes. My themes tend to evolve and increase in consistency over time, and I'm very picky about the visual appearance of my desktop.
liquidat: I recently got a new “multimedia” keyboard which comes along with a set of extra keys. While my keyboard needed some initial manual configuration it works now almost without problems using Lineak.
linux.com: Managing disk space used to be a royal pain for admins and users. Running out of disk space often meant reinstalling Linux or spending a few hours with tools like Parted to resize partitions. However, using the Logical Volume Manager (LVM) tools, you can grow, shrink, and manage disk space with very little hassle.
- A step-by-step guide to building a new SELinux policy module
- Back to School: A few of the many, many sites with free clip art for schools
- Command line tips - Finding files; Part 1: By Name
- Using Iconv to convert UTF-8 to ASCII (on Linux)
- remove blank lines using grep or sed
This article shows how you can build your own video community using lighttpd with its mod_flv_streaming module (for streaming .flv videos, the format used by most major video communities such as YouTube) and its mod_secdownload module (for preventing hotlinking of the videos).
lxpages: Sometimes you may find yourself working with hundreds or thousands of files which need to have extension removed or just changed say from .htm to .html or .php to .html for some reason. Well.. since I know you’d someday come across such an issue, we’ve put together a couple of tips that you may find helpful.
iTWire: One of the great strengths of Linux is its multi-faceted network server capabilities, reaching back to its rich UNIX history and the development of TCP/IP on that platform. If you’re a software developer, it’s dead simple to network-enable your own apps too, making them act consistently with other server processes. Here’s how to do it, in two parts.
- Securing SSH Using Denyhosts
- Installing Mandriva 2007 Spring on a RAID 0 configuration
- How do I use the “xm block-attach” command to attach additional storage (like USB drive) to my running para-virtualized Xen guests?
- Very nice features in the gallery for putting graphics in the background on OpenOffice Writer
- Logitech MX Revolution's Special Buttons On Fedora 7
- Extract text with awk
- Why Use Subversion? Two Reasons: Revert and Branches