Flameeyes's Weblog: Now that KDE4 is in portage, I wanted to try just a couple of applications. Unfortunately if you run a KDE4 application out of the box in a Gentoo system, it will mess stuff up with your config.
altoptions.wordpress: Truecrypt was rebranded Realcrypt on Mandriva to get around a licensing issue. This howto will apply to Truecrypt on any Linux distro, the only difference is the naming, so change it accordingly if you aren’t using Mandriva.
linuxgamingworld.com: Organizing a LAN party is mostly an exercise in common sense, but adding free software to the mix adds a few wrinkles and removes some others—for example, you won't be worrying about cracking copy prevention schemes.
- Automating Debian updates
- How to : Install GFX Grub In Ubuntu.
- Ubuntu Guide For Customizing Items In The Panel Menubar
- Beep your Terminal
- Spinning a Fedora Linux Live CD
- Auto-reboot Linux after a kernel panic
- Access Fedora 8 Graphical Desktop Remotely from a Windows Machine
- Easily create CD case covers with Koverartist
- Securely Wipe/Erase Files in Ubuntu Gutsy via Right Click menu in Nautilus
softpedia: Prince of Persia is definitely one of my all-time favorite game. It's a third-person action adventure video game published by Ubisoft. Here's what you need to get started:
- Building a Home File Server
- Streamline browsing and save bandwidth
- So What is Bashrc?
- Creating large (>2TB) Linux Partitions
- New users guide to the terminal
- Adding Additional Repositories
Are you using SSH in the best way possible? Have you configured it to be as limited and secure as possible? The goal of this document is to kick in the new year with some best practices for SSH: why you should use them, how to set them up, and how to verify that they are in place. All of the examples below assume that you are using EnGarde Secure Linux but any modern Linux distribution will do just fine since, as far as I know, everybody ships OpenSSH.
- Running VitrualBox (OSE) on OpenSuse 10.3
- Configuring AWStats on Ubuntu Server
- Making a bootable backup Debian system disk
- Numbering in Impress slides
- Which NIC is eth0?
- Analyzing web logs with grep
- CPU Scaling, Ubuntu, battery life and you - how to scale your CPU
- Installing Pandoc on Ubuntu Gutsy
- Set Up Konqueror 4 to Work With Gmail
- Installing VectorLinux 5.9 GOLD Edition
DPotD: There are many occasions at which a user needs to use two computers at the same time, even with two different operating systems, all in the same desktop. One of the most annoying things that might happen is that you will need to use a different set of keyboard and mouse for each computer with the resulting waste of space on your table.