felipe-alfaro.org: I decided to use FreeNX instead of NoMachine’s own implementation due to the instability of the latter. The process described in this post starts with the NoMachine’s binary components, downloadable from the Web, and then overwrites or replaces key components that are binary-only and closed with FreeNX’s open and free shell scripts, which provides much more flexibility.
tuxenclave: Changes are part of Nature so as with Technology.. Though this cannot be True for Windows and Mac cause the life cycle of a single Version is too much which is not the case with Linux. This guide will let you pimp your Ubuntu latest Gusty Gibbon i.e Ubuntu 7.10 .
- Howto Install Sofa Media Center in Ubuntu
- Bash Shell Check Whether a Directory is Empty or Not
- Creating simple transactions for shell scripts with mercurial
- Stop, Pause, and Continue A Linux Process
wine-review.blogspot: Microsoft DirectX is a collection of application programming interfaces for handling tasks related to multimedia, especially game programming and video, on Microsoft platforms.
- Ubuntu Guide For Windows Users: Display And Generate System Hardware Information
- Testing Connectivity with fping and send mail if any hosts are unreachable
- Gentoo Linux tutorial: Playing m4a song files in Amarok
- Root login ubuntu
- Change Hidden Settings with Ubuntu Tweak
- Installing KDE 4.0 RC1 in Kubuntu
raiden's realm: The primary reason for writing this is to help new users develop an understanding of the Linux file system commands. Not all of them, just some of the more common ones. Let's look at what they do and why I would need to use them, what not to do, what each thing means and what it's for.
- Why does xorg’s cpu usage shoot up when using NVidia’s driver?
- Linux: Double your disk read performance in a single command
- Linux find the memory used by a program / process using pmap command
- Ubuntu: Rumint
- Howto Install qBittorrent in Ubuntu Gutsy
- Display Linux Session Jobs
- Fix Ubuntu 7.10 Suspend Issue on Dell M140 Laptop
- FreeNX Server and Client Installation in Debian Etch
port25.technet.com: We have all run into cases where Windows fails to load for one reason or another. The problem may be hardware or a software failure, and the problem may seem to be irrecoverable. Yet often Linux can be used to help recover data that otherwise might be lost.
linux.com: Mencoder is part of the MPlayer media player package. While MPlayer can play audio and video files, mencoder converts and manages multimedia files. The application has a ton of graphical user interfaces, but you can use it from the command line to produce video files in almost any format you want. Here's how.
tombuntu: ManDVD is an application for creating video DVDs from a wide variety of video formats. Using this application, you can also create eye-pleasing menus with video, audio, and chapters.