nixcraft: Many new users find it difficult to compiling programs in Linux. Usually following steps are involved:
fosswire.com: What I am going to attempt to give you today is an ultra quick start guide to editing files in Vim. Let me reiterate that - I’m going to go over the most basic concepts really quickly.
- Antivirus Programs For Ubuntu
- Sun Java on Fedora 8 Install HowTo
- Saving Power on Intel Hardware Using Powertop
- Howto Add entries in GNOME Menu
- Chikka on Kopete Messenger Howto
- HowTo - Batch Image Resize on Linux
- Reboot Linux box after a kernel panic
- Quick Tip: Configuring Menu Transparency in Compiz Fusion
- FreeSoftware Magazine: Tips and Tricks
- HOWTO: Install a basic Gentoo server
- Rocover your Grub boot loader
- Howto: Build a functional Lowarch system
- My Ubuntu Setup - Part One - Config Files
- OOo: Using the Standard Filter
- Howto: Convert a K6-2 into a C64
Carla Schroder: In part 1 of this series we learned how to format USB storage devices for maximum portability, and in part 2 we learned a simple, efficient way to use the excellent rsync command for easy single-user backups. Today we're going to create menu icons for launching our backups.
Debian Administration: User management and the related cryptographic authentication infrastructure is a major hurdle in deploying scalable, manageable VPNs (Virtual Private Networks). Two major pieces of FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) for VPNs are OpenSWAN and OpenVPN.
gnuski.blogspot: Yesterday we looked at the basic "Keep Above" and "Keep Below" options within KWin. Today lets get a bit more technical -- permanent identification. When you right-click on that title bar and select Advanced, you get the options:
This tutorial shows how you can enable Compiz Fusion on a Fedora 8 GNOME desktop.
iTWire: Today we’re going to take it further and give our site a theme, add in useful Google webmaster tools for statistics, cut out spam and even try to make some money out of it. Beyond the domain name itself, every step is free, open source, code with not a cent to pay despite the excellent quality.