- Ubuntu Guide For Windows Users: Display And Generate System Hardware Information
- Testing Connectivity with fping and send mail if any hosts are unreachable
- Gentoo Linux tutorial: Playing m4a song files in Amarok
- Root login ubuntu
- Change Hidden Settings with Ubuntu Tweak
- Installing KDE 4.0 RC1 in Kubuntu
raiden's realm: The primary reason for writing this is to help new users develop an understanding of the Linux file system commands. Not all of them, just some of the more common ones. Let's look at what they do and why I would need to use them, what not to do, what each thing means and what it's for.
- Why does xorg’s cpu usage shoot up when using NVidia’s driver?
- Linux: Double your disk read performance in a single command
- Linux find the memory used by a program / process using pmap command
- Ubuntu: Rumint
- Howto Install qBittorrent in Ubuntu Gutsy
- Display Linux Session Jobs
- Fix Ubuntu 7.10 Suspend Issue on Dell M140 Laptop
- FreeNX Server and Client Installation in Debian Etch
port25.technet.com: We have all run into cases where Windows fails to load for one reason or another. The problem may be hardware or a software failure, and the problem may seem to be irrecoverable. Yet often Linux can be used to help recover data that otherwise might be lost.
linux.com: Mencoder is part of the MPlayer media player package. While MPlayer can play audio and video files, mencoder converts and manages multimedia files. The application has a ton of graphical user interfaces, but you can use it from the command line to produce video files in almost any format you want. Here's how.
tombuntu: ManDVD is an application for creating video DVDs from a wide variety of video formats. Using this application, you can also create eye-pleasing menus with video, audio, and chapters.
- Motorola Razr custom Ringtones with Kubuntu 7.10
- Making Sound Work in Ubuntu 7.10 on Laptops, even the MX7118
- Over 10 power user tips for Vim editor
- OOo: Using the Advanced Filter
- Supercharging package management with yum plugins and utilities
- Red Hat / CentOS Linux Setting a Default Gateway
This guide is Debian specific but could be ported to other distributions since the concept is the same. In order to use TLS Extensions we have to patch and recompile Apache2 and recompile OpenSSL with the enable-tlsext directive.
savvyadmin.com: Performing GnuPG functions from Vim is actually pretty helpful if you work heavily with both applications on a regular basis. I was recently looking for a simple way to both word wrap and clearsign various text files within Vim, and found just what I was looking for.
- Getting a Gravis GamePad Pro to work on Linux
- Hidden Linux : Finding Stuff Fast
- Install Mplayer and Multimedia Codecs (libdvdcss2,w32codecs) in Ubuntu 7.10