This document describes step by step how to set up a Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (Hardy Heron) desktop. The result is a fast, secure and extendable system that provides all you need for daily work and entertainment.
- Answering package dependency questions using apt-cache and apt-rdepends
- Using awk to extract lines in a text file
- Workaround for Pink Shadows with Compiz
- Debugging with Nemiver
- Ricoh webcam under opensuse 10.3 on hp pavilion dv6000
- Three utilities for automatically converting audio for portable music players
- Bash Colors
- Learn to use the openssl command-line program
- Microdia (0c45:624f) webcam on Linux
- Setting up Beryl on Debian Etch
- CD/DVD install with no CD/DVD
- Gallium3D: Introduction
This tutorial shows how to set up an Ubuntu Hardy Heron (Ubuntu 8.04 LTS) server that offers all services needed by ISPs and hosters: Apache web server (SSL-capable) with PHP and Ruby, Postfix mail server with SMTP-AUTH and TLS, BIND DNS server, Proftpd FTP server, MySQL server, Courier POP3/IMAP, Quota, Firewall, etc.
- HOWTO: Install btnx for better mouse control in Ubuntu Hardy
- List RPM keys you trust
- How to use any command in FTP ?
- Fast way to execute sequential commands from the command history
- How do I find information (version, etc.) about php?
This tutorial shows how you can set up a gOS Rocket G 2.0 (GNOME) desktop that is a full-fledged replacement for a Windows desktop, i.e. that has all the software that people need to do the things they do on their Windows desktops.
- Customizing the Default Theme in Drupal
- KDE 4 on Slackware 12.0
- Ubuntu Linux Install and Configure Ndiswrapper and wpa_supplicant
- How to make Gnome menus Faster in Ubuntu
- More advanced wget usage
- Getting data into and out of an OpenOffice.org Base database
- Installing and tracking software updates with toast
- GRUB bootloader - Full tutorial
- Getting help with the Linux Command Line
- rpm and yum rescue tips on Fedora
- How to disable the “– MARK –” in Debian log file
- Using spindown to prolong the life of old hard disks
- How to reinstall GRUB on PCLinuxOS
- Typing Nonstandard Characters on Ubuntu
- Logical Volume Management: How PVs form VGs for LVs
- How do I resize multiple image files using command-line tools?
- Loop Movie, Video, and Display Screensaver as Desktop Wallpaper in Ubuntu Linux
- Tweak and optimize Ubuntu Linux Boot and Application Startup times dramatically
- 100 Ubuntu Tips
- Encode Video for the iPod Touch or iPhone
This tutorial shows how you can set up a Mandriva One 2008 Spring (Mandriva 2008.1) desktop (with the KDE desktop environment) that is a full-fledged replacement for a Windows desktop.
- 3x the fun…Triple Monitor Gaming!
- Create a Logo from the Command Line
- Wirelessly Sync an iPhone or iPod Touch with Ubuntu
- Extracting columns and fields from a text file
- Easy Customization of Firefox With Configuration Mania
- Getting my wireless card working in Debian
- Try IRC with Irssi to communicate via chat
- Functions Vs. Subroutines In Perl And Bash - Palindromes Revisited