forum.mandriva.com: I had a somewhat difficult time getting Mandriva 2008 to work on my HP dv6113us, and given the lack of posts regarding this particular laptop series (despite its popularity), I figured I'd document what steps I took to get a FULLY FUNCTIONING Mandriva install.
dedoimedo.com: If you are a beginner Linux user looking for a simple, friendly distribution, you might want to look at Linux Mint. In this article, I'll demonstrate the classic GUI installation, but also a few things more. It should not be boring.
- Easy and safe bash history searches
- Copy Set of Files to All Users Home Directory
- Speeding up Ubuntu installations
- Nautilus-Flac-Converter: Convert Flac to Ogg from Nautilus
LinuxPlanet: Last week we made a music CD from a live digital recording the easy and simple way. Today we're going to fix volume levels and do graceful fades and transitions using Audacity and normalize.
linux.com: Joomla! is a well-known content management system, mature enough to be used by thousands of amateur and professional Web portals. Installation is a breeze and consists of six click-next steps. However, a default Joomla! installation is not necessarily a secure one, so let's see how we can protect our portal from potential attackers.
- personal Ubuntu speed up tweak guide
- How to find your UUID’s for devices in Ubuntu
- FTP Server setup with TLS (Transport Layer Security) on Debian
- Setting the default fonts for OpenOffice Writer
- Tips for successful Kernel Recompilation in Linux
- Bullet proof your server #2 - SSH
- ISO Master: CD Image Editor for Linux
- Howto Setup iTunes-compatible Media server in Ubuntu
tombuntu.com: When you customized your Ubuntu desktop to replace the brown theme, you may have overlooked the login window. GNOME’s login window, called GDM (GNOME Display Manager), can be easily customized by installing themes.
raiden's realm: Ever had something you wanted to leave running on your system, but needed to have it automatically shutdown at a certain time, yet it has no ability to do that on its own? Enter the "auto kill" trick.
- How to Start KControl on Kubuntu
- Enterprise streaming media? Sure, and on virtual Linux systems!
- Make Your Own Passport Size Photos (using GIMP)
- Adding A Dynamic Desktop To Your Ubuntu
- TPT(Tiny Python Tip): Python for Bash Scripters
- Quick Tip: Transparent Terminal in Gnome Background
- Starting programs automatically at startup in Gnome