- OOo: Removing a white background, or switching any color to another color
- How to Connect a Jawbone Headset to a Bluetooth Laptop on Ubuntu Gutsy (And Then Use Skype)
- Security Tip: Disable Root SSH Login on Linux
- Secure remote access to your desktop
- updating multiple windows or tabs within vim with a single command
- Automate FTP with macros
- How To Kill Stuff On Linux
- Updating Your Debian or Ubuntu Desktop Safely
my10sen.com: Ubuntu has been main player in Linux distro for a couple of years, and yet some might found it to be a little bit slow in a few aspects. Here i try to show some of guides that might give a boost to your Ubuntu systems. These tweaks will make your system faster and more responsive.
polishlinux: System and enviromental variables define parts of the system behavior so it’s worth knowing what they are, what they influence and how to adjust them to your needs. This is the last part of the “console basics” series.
- check weather conditions and forecasts on the command line
- How to automatically sign in to Ubuntu
- Using a MySQL Performance Tuning Analyzer Script
- What package is that file in ?
- Handy script protects Linux against traffic spikes
- Use ssh on multiple servers at one time
- Installing Audacity MP3 export support on Linux
- Adjust the Transparency of Window Decorations with Compiz
- Digitizing records and tapes with Audacity
- Compiz-Fusion On Ubuntu 7.10 “Gutsy Gibbin”
www.hexus.net: Once upon a time, people lived in caves and hunted animals with spears. Then, they recorded things from the TV onto small black cartridges filled with magnetic tape. As is tradition these days, as soon as people develop an interesting hardware device, people start work on a software-based solution to accomplish similar features on more conventional hardware - in this case, the VDR project began in February 2000 as an attempt to bring DVR functionality to a conventional GNU/Linux PC.
This article explains how to improve/optimize/speed up package installation with Yum, install packages with Yum Extender (a GUI for Yum with extensive features to manage packages), and manage different external package repositories - with focus on prevention of problems with different repositories - on Fedora 7.
- All your apt cache belongs to us!
- Setting time the right way, the Linux way
- Different Ways of Taking Screenshots in Nokia N800
- How to Trigger Xchat from Firefox
- Saving Bandwidth With Apt-Cacher : Revisited
- Restart Apache Server without affecting existing connections
cybernet: Opera is an extremely customizable browser, but it does so much that it can be difficult to remember it all. Then again you would have to know what it does in order to remember it. Today we want to walk you through a dozen tips and tricks that will inch you closer to becoming an Opera grand master.
Rudd-O: Desktop performance on Linux computers has been a hot-button issue of late, and a source of longstanding fights among the Linux developers. Today, I want to show you how I boosted (and you can boost) desktop performance dramatically.
- How to open files as root via a right click
- How To Boot Mandriva on a USB Disk
- Sha-1 Checksum
- Access Google Calendar From Linux / UNIX / Mac OS X Command Line Interface
- Backing up and restoring your DSL configuration
- Howto Install Freecom Musicpal in Ubuntu Feisty
- How To Install VMware Tools on Ubuntu Guests
- Howto Fix RSSOwl Internal Browser