rudd-O: If you’re one of our regular readers, you’ll remember reading the article and script I wrote on automating BitTorrent downloads with TorrentFlux and rsync. The script has come to be quite handy to me, but the process of writing it is much more fun and appealing. Here’s how I did it.
- Understanding Linux Users
- Upgrade from Ubuntu Feisty to Gutsy: the one-liner version
- Interception of files with tcpdump
- KDE Keyboard Shortcuts
- How to configure Splashy Screen on debian
- Basic C++ Tutorial
- Linux Increase Local Port Range with net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range
- A more informative status line for Vim
This guide shows how you can upgrade your desktop from Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn) to Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon).
matt hartley: So you just downloaded Flock, fell in love with it and believe this is the browser for you. Previously, you already installed all the preferred plugins for Firefox, yet Flock does not see them on Ubuntu?
Also: Simple Firefox optimizations that really matter
And: Mozilla Firefox 184.108.40.206 Now Available
Linux Planet: Everyone knows they should make regular backups of their data. But hardly anyone is as diligent with backups as they should be. So in this two-part series we're going to learn some nice simple methods for making regular backups on single PCs or small networks.
- Simplify backups with Synbak
- Setup your own apache server to host your weblog free
- How to remove blank lines and comments from a file
- Back up and print your blog with OpenOffice.org Base
- Ubuntu Linux Restore admin / root level permissions
- Rewriting email headers in exim
junauza.blogspot.com: I will list some indispensable commands and keyboard shortcuts with their corresponding functions to guide the fearful in their journey to conquer the horror of using the Linux terminal.
freesoftwaremagazine.com: While Writer allows you to create an advanced book template that consists of a master document and a number of subdocuments, there are situations where using a simpler, one-file template makes more sense. The main advantage of a one-file book template is that it helps you to work around two major problems in Writer.
OpenOffice.org Tips: Labels don't always match up perfectly, especially those little return address labels. What can you do, besides prayer and fasting, and wasting labels?
- Apache authentication and authorization using LDAP
- Howto Have Grub Like SUSE on Ubuntu
- Installing C#/Mono(.NET)/MonoDevelop/XSP in Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon(7.10)